The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Maybe the throttle issue popping up has to do w me running a custom tune. No idea but I will stop cluttering up this thread

Maybe we can help. First thing I would try is disconnected the battery, not sure how long but I would try a few hours. Try that and let us know. Anyone else have any ideas?

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Agree on disconnecting the battery. I'd try a shorter amount of time but insert your key to on position to drain any residual power. Should take care of it.

Just be sure the harness is correctly seated/returned to stock.

The tuner is completely independent of the PC and lots of us runnings.g the PC alongside a custom tune without issue.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Maybe the throttle issue popping up has to do w me running a custom tune. No idea but I will stop cluttering up this thread
Its not clutter bud. No worries. I hope it gets straightened out quickly for you. Best of luck chief.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Irishfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
Hemi
Well. Un hooked battery for an hour. Turned on w out the PC connected and still have the malfunction light on. Really not sure what to do at this point. Drove around the neighborhood for ten minutes and truck ran normal but light stayed on. Not sure what I might have done wrong since this is such an easy thing to set up. I may call it quits for the day and try installing again tnw. Or I will wake up too nervous to do so and try to get a day off work and bring her in to check the malfunction light. Should have known better than mess w a truvk thst just past its 33k mile mark..

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I don't think that's the issue as my Ram had over 178,000 miles before I installed mine. I'm hopeful that come Monday a solution to this will come your way.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Help

I just installed the commander and have a couple of questions.
I cannot get the eco light to come on. I toggle through the levels and no eco light. What am I doing wrong?
When I turn the ignition off the unit doesn't shut down. Do I need to reset the unit everytime I turn the truck off and back on?
Thank you for your support.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I just installed the commander and have a couple of questions.
I cannot get the eco light to come on. I toggle through the levels and no eco light. What am I doing wrong?
When I turn the ignition off the unit doesn't shut down. Do I need to reset the unit everytime I turn the truck off and back on?
Thank you for your support.
Not sure about the Eco light but the unit will turn off on its own. There is a delay between killing the ignition and the unit switching off.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now see my wifey is annoyed as that is all that I talk about whenever I come back from driving the Ram lol. She's like, you do know you have added other things to that truck. I'm like yes, but nothing puts a smile on my face like that Pedal Commander. :)

I'm not sure I would have said that to my wife--:naughty::naughty:
Jay

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Not sure about the Eco light but the unit will turn off on its own. There is a delay between killing the ignition and the unit switching off.

Thanks- I'll check that. I would think that when it has the eco light it should function.
I need to say WOW! Took it for a test drive and its like a different truck. This thing screams compared to what it was before the PC. It has to be the most cost efficient performance mod out there.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed mine and so far it seems like it's gonna be fun. :peace:

The install took five minutes just like everyone says. I unlocked my truck (remote start fob) and then left it for about 15 minutes with the fob in the house. The hardest part was squeezing my fat ass under the dash. Also, it helps to have a light handy. My phone was plenty.

Here are a few quotes from some texts I sent to my brother who is a total gear head.

Me: "Dude, I just installed the Pedal Commander and it makes the truck FUN to drive!!! It wants to break loose on a simple left turn from a light. I've only gone to level 2 (Sport p4). I'm a little afraid of "race" levels. "

Him: "Is it really that much faster?"

Me: "It's not that it's faster really, it's that it responds so much more quickly that you're going fast before you know it. I was looking down and seeing 60+ on Brookhurst in only a few seconds. It actually feels like an older big block instead of the "gotta nail it to really feel it" 5.7 Hemi."

So that's my review in a nutshell.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Nice updates fellas....I can't imagine anyone NOT enjoying this mod. It really is worth it!!

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone who uses this seen a drop in mpg's with normal use? Also, did you have to remove any fuses or anything before installing it? The speedo calibrator (Hypertech) I'm going to purchase requires certain fuses be removed until after you're finished with the install.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone who uses this seen a drop in mpg's with normal use? Also, did you have to remove any fuses or anything before installing it? The speedo calibrator (Hypertech) I'm going to purchase requires certain fuses be removed until after you're finished with the install.

The install is literally 1. Unplug wire from gas pedal. 2. Plug PC into both sides of that connection. 3. There is no step three.

After only a small cruise I'm thinking it might lower my mileage just a bit because of me getting on the throttle harder for fun. Kind of like how it drops right after you get a new exhaust or a new tuner.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The install is literally 1. Unplug wire from gas pedal. 2. Plug PC into both sides of that connection. 3. There is no step three.

After only a small cruise I'm thinking it might lower my mileage just a bit because of me getting on the throttle harder for fun. Kind of like how it drops right after you get a new exhaust or a new tuner.

Sounds good to me. I'll be installing one soon.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My gas mileage dropped because I can't keep my foot from hitting that gas every chance that I get lol. As far as day to day, it's a calming feeling knowing that if you have a " need " it's there for you. [emoji317][emoji317]

F.O.F