Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance

Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

This is a discussion on Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program! within the Engine & Performance forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
Many of you know I have an OCD with Motor Oil... I have since I was 16... I have also ...

Like Tree107Likes

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2015, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

SyN

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: 6.7L CTD
Default Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!
Many of you know I have an OCD with Motor Oil... I have since I was 16...

I have also been a long time member @ BITOG.com since 05...

I was recently asked by Gena Fishbeck a member of the Pennzoil Team...
to participate in a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum {PUP} w/Pure Plus UOA program...

Pennzoil sends me a Case of PUP @ the viscosity of my choice along with a UOA sample kit... {Free Oil Change}! I run my normal OCI cycle then take a sample and send it in... {I think the kit is Blackstone Labs}... Then Pennzoil gets sent a copy as well as myself to see the actual benefits of using PUP...

Then the Pennzoil Team sends you another Free Case of PUP and a UOA kit to back up your first results...

Pennzoil is basically trying to get long time loyal users of other brands of Oil to switch to PUP with the Free oil changes and seeing the beneficial results with using this oil... with hope of you continuing to use their oils...

I myself already have Pennzoil Ultra in my crankcase now... It is not the Pure Plus version with {GTL} technology...>Gas to Liquid!

I will drain the Ultra in December and start my UOA program with the PUP... and follow my OLM...

For those of you who might be interested in doing this Visit www.bobistheoilguy.com and create an account and message GenaFishbeck She will get your information and get you a Kit sent out...

I will post my UOA in this thread once I get my UOA report back for all to see... I know PUP is Pennzoil {Flagship} Synthetic Oil...I will be using 5W-30 Viscosity... It will be really interesting so see the first UOA of my 5.7L using this oil...

Go give Gena a Shout! It would be interesting to see other members accept this challenge and post their UOA here in this thread as well....

Oh: Just for everyone info... Who use PYB... There is some Very Serious Talk over at BITOG about Pennzoil using GTL base in their PYB... Which is creating quite a stir.... A conventional oil {PYB} having all the same benefits as Pennzoil Platinum @ half the price....
New Update-->It seems it just might be the PYB 10W-30....

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

2014 Bighorn SLT 1500 QC 4WD 5.7L BW44-44 8HP70 3:92s w/Anti-Slip!
Oil: 4Qts (GTL) PUP 5W-30 / 3Qts (GTL) SRT 0W-40 & 4oz ZDDP Plus w/RP Filter!
Front -8HP70/T Case- Rear: RL 75W-90 - Red Line D6 ATF - RL 75W-140/90 Mix!
Coolant: Peak Global Lifetime w/RMI-25 Air: AEM Drop In {Dry-Flow}! No CAI!
Fuel: (Shell) 89 w/24oz Schaeffers Soy Ultra / Neutra! Mileage: 23,400

Last edited by SyN; 09-22-2015 at 06:44 PM.
SyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2011
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ruger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine: Hemi
Burla Approved.

Burla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ram Year: '13 Ram 1500
Engine: 5.7 hemmskii
I like this. Im running the PUP now so im looking forward to the results.
AcerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi 5.7
I'm all about PYB using that base as long as they don't change the additive package.
Burla and RAM_Designs like this.

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 3qts SRT 0w40 & 4qts 5w30, Redline C+, Redline Gear Oil, Diablo Trinity w/Hemifever 93 Tune, BT Catch Can, Mufflex 24, Rancho QLL, Cooper Discoverer AT3s, Mag-Hytec Trans Pan, OEM Backup Camera, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, Extang Trifecta SS, Clazzio Seat Covers, Cabin Air Filter, Weathertech Floorliners, 35% tint, Gorilla Lugs, Nasta Stainless Running Boards
Hemi395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine: Hemi
If Penzoil Yellow was gas to liquid, I'm sure they would say so. Anyhow, great stuff either way.

Burla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: 5.7 HEMI
Originally Posted by SyN View Post
Many of you know I have an OCD with Motor Oil... I have since I was 16...

I have also been a long time member @ BITOG.com since 05...

I was recently asked by Gena Fishbeck a member of the Pennzoil Team...
to participate in a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum {PUP} w/Pure Plus UOA program...

Pennzoil sends me a Case of PUP @ the viscosity of my choice along with a UOA sample kit... {Free Oil Change}! I run my normal OCI cycle then take a sample and send it in... {I think the kit is Blackstone Labs}... Then Pennzoil gets sent a copy as well as myself to see the actual benefits of using PUP...

Then the Pennzoil Team sends you another Free Case of PUP and a UOA kit to back up your first results...

Pennzoil is basically trying to get long time loyal users of other brands of Oil to switch to PUP with the Free oil changes and seeing the beneficial results with using this oil... with hope of you continuing to use their oils...

I myself already have Pennzoil Ultra in my crankcase now... It is not the Pure Plus version with {GTL} technology...>Gas to Liquid!

I will drain the Ultra in December and start my UOA program with the PUP... and follow my OLM...

For those of you who might be interested in doing this Visit Used Oil Analysis - Bob is the Oil Guy - Bob is the Oil Guy and create an account and message GenaFishbeck She will get your information and get you a Kit sent out...

I will post my UOA in this thread once I get my UOA report back for all to see... I know PUP is Pennzoil {Flagship} Synthetic Oil...I will be using 5W-30 Viscosity... It will be really interesting so see the first UOA of my 5.7L using this oil...

Go give Gena a Shout! It would be interesting to see other members accept this challenge and post their UOA here in this thread as well....

Oh: Just for everyone info... Who use PYB... There is some Very Serious Talk over at BITOG about Pennzoil using GTL base in their PYB... Which is creating quite a stir.... A conventional oil {PYB} having all the same benefits as Pennzoil Platinum @ half the price....
Awesome!!! Thanks for the heads up!!
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

SyN

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: 6.7L CTD
Gena has asked me for the URL of this thread so She can visit and talk with those who are interested.... I bet she will be more then willing to attempt to answer any of your questions the best She can...
Burla and Hemi395 like this.

2014 Bighorn SLT 1500 QC 4WD 5.7L BW44-44 8HP70 3:92s w/Anti-Slip!
Oil: 4Qts (GTL) PUP 5W-30 / 3Qts (GTL) SRT 0W-40 & 4oz ZDDP Plus w/RP Filter!
Front -8HP70/T Case- Rear: RL 75W-90 - Red Line D6 ATF - RL 75W-140/90 Mix!
Coolant: Peak Global Lifetime w/RMI-25 Air: AEM Drop In {Dry-Flow}! No CAI!
Fuel: (Shell) 89 w/24oz Schaeffers Soy Ultra / Neutra! Mileage: 23,400
SyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: Hemi 5.7
I would love to sign up for this. I have been using this oil in my last two cars and recommend to everyone I know.
SyN likes this.
dtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 06:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015
Engine: 5.7 HEMI
I searched for her user name on BITOG but came up empty. The search function on that sight is kind of quirky. I'd love to participate. I have PUP in my fright right now and plan to change it at 7500 miles
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote