Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Got my UOA on saturday. Gena came through with 20 quarts. 10 per change to compensate for my remote oil filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got my UOA on saturday. Gena came through with 20 quarts. 10 per change to compensate for my remote oil filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type remote oil filter kit did you go with ? I'm thinking about doing this too .
Do you have pictures ?
Thanks !

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
What type remote oil filter kit did you go with ? I'm thinking about doing this too .
Do you have pictures ?
Thanks !

I followed the guide on here. Im running the single filter kit, but also have an extended oil pan also.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn..I'm just running pennzoil platinum on both my 202 ram and my gf 2012 ford escape because I couldn't find pennzoil ultra :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Arod: Pennzoil Platinum is a Outstanding Robust Oil... I myself would not hesitate to use the Platinum if PU was never found locally...

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cases of M1 & Pennzoil synthetic have been sold in cases of 6 for years.. I didn't think to ask her about the extra qt... My Bad!!

Derag: Thank U so Very Much for sticking with amsoil!!!

Gena confirmed i will receive 7 quarts for the Hemi. Said I should see it in about 2 weeks.

I asked about the second free quantity of oil after the UOA and am waiting for her response.

thad8403

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They sent me 8 quarts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: SyN

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
They sent me eight quarts as well, just got mine yesterday.

Reactions: SyN

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
i got mine today... pennzoil ultra platinum... 8 bottles....

do you get oil to back up the first test? if so when do we go about getting it...?

does anyone know the difference between pennzoil platinum and ultra platinum...?

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Ram5.7Lhemi: If you look at the #s... There is not much difference now! Your Engine will not be able to tell any difference...

Now a few years ago... When Pennzoil produced just Ultra! There was a difference... Now with the Pure Plus... I as well as many feel there is not that much difference...

Without showing pages and pages of Data and logistics which I physically can't-->I feel just by researching the information put in front of me...Along with Many UOA... Your motor will achieve basically the same results with Pennzoil Platinum as will PUP... {Many others feel the same way}...

Here is a little conversation about this same question...
Confused between PP & PUP | Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs | Bob Is The Oil Guy

I will say-->If you can't find PUP locally I can assure you with Full Confidence that PP will Handle anything you can throw at it.... PP will preform as well as PUP... The only thing is PUP has a bit more Calcium for better cleaning ability... There is talk of PUP having a {Thinner Viscosity Base Oil} compared to PP...

Last edited:

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Ram5.7Lhemi: If you look at the #s... There is not much difference now! Your Engine will not be able to tell any difference...

Now a few years ago... When Pennzoil produced just Ultra! There was a difference... Now with the Pure Plus... I as well as many feel there is not that much difference...

Without showing pages and pages of Data and logistics which I physically can't-->I feel just by researching the information put in front of me...Along with Many UOA... Your motor will achieve basically the same results with Pennzoil Platinum as will PUP... {Many others feel the same way}...

Here is a little conversation about this same question...
Confused between PP & PUP | Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs | Bob Is The Oil Guy

I will say-->If you can't find PUP locally I can assure you with Full Confidence that PP will Handle anything you can throw at it.... PP will preform as well as PUP... The only thing is PUP has a bit more Calcium for better cleaning ability... There is talk of PUP having a {Thinner Viscosity Base Oil} compared to PP...

ok, thats kinda what i thought too, thanks for the reply... I'm strongly considering getting a camper bumper pull trailer for work and pulling it around state instead of staying in motels... looking at most 5k fully loaded weight and thats it. nothing more extreme then that

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Heavy Towing: Might even consider moving up a weight in viscosity if using a 20wt... Move up to a 5W-30! Just something to think about!

Not saying a 5W-20 can't handle the towing load... That extra Film Strength within the 5W-30 would be a wiser choice...

Last edited:

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Heavy Towing: Might even consider moving up a weight in viscosity if using a 20wt... Move up to a 5W-30! Just something to think about!

Not saying a 5W-20 can't handle the towing load... That extra Film Strength within the 5W-30 would be a wiser choice...

except i have ads and it requires 5w20 to work properly.... plus i don't want to run into warranty issues if i have a warranty claim.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I understand 100% what your saying... I will say this! I by NO Means am trying too convince you to switch to a 5W-30...

The {MDS} does not need a 20wt to function properly... I am living proof of this...as well as thousands of other owners... My brother-in-law once a year pours in M1 0W-40 in his 2013... He has done this since the 10K mile mark... His 5.7L now has over 23K miles on her with No Issues... Just 2 outstanding looking UOA to show... He tows his 6Klb TT all summer long hense the reason for the M1 0W-40-->Remarkable Oil...{Recommended by his Service Mgr}...

I will also say {I have Never Read or Heard of a Warranty Cases being rejected or denied due to Oil Viscosity}... If any other owners have? Please Chime in and Give us Information on the Case...

There is nothing wrong with the 20wt oils... Thousands of UOA have proven this... It is a given performer... I have even seen UOA--> towing with a 20wt and the UOA showed low wear #'s... Depending on engine design results will vary...

I myself just feel more comfortable with the Extra Film Strength the 5W-30wt gives... Especially while towing med to heavy loads...

It would be very interesting to see a UOA from your 5.7L while using the 20wt while doing all that towing...Even though the UOA don't tell or show everything it is a good measuring stick...

Last edited:

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I understand 100% what your saying... I will say this! I by NO Means am trying too convince you to switch to a 5W-30...

The {MDS} does not need a 20wt to function properly... I am living proof of this...as well as thousands of other owners... My brother-in-law once a year pours in M1 0W-40 in his 2013... He has done this since the 10K mile mark... His 5.7L now has over 23K miles on her with No Issues... Just 2 outstanding looking UOA to show... He tows his 6Klb TT all summer long hense the reason for the M1 0W-40-->Remarkable Oil...{Recommended by his Service Mgr}...

I will also say {I have Never Read or Heard of a Warranty Cases being rejected or denied due to Oil Viscosity}... If any other owners have? Please Chime in and Give us Information on the Case...

There is nothing wrong with the 20wt oils... Thousands of UOA have proven this... It is a given performer... I have even seen UOA--> towing with a 20wt and the UOA showed low wear #'s... Depending on engine design results will vary...

I myself just feel more comfortable with the Extra Film Strength the 5W-30wt gives... Especially while towing med to heavy loads...

It would be very interesting to see a UOA from your 5.7L while using the 20wt while doing all that towing...Even though the UOA don't tell or show everything it is a good measuring stick...

I really want to run 0W40 but have been terrorized by Internet forums saying my MDS will not function properly and my engine will explode in a firey mess.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
i will never tell an owner to switch to a 5W-30 or 0W-40... Owners need to do their own research and ask questions... Then make their own rational decision...

Last edited:

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i will never tell an owner to switch to a 5W-30 or 0W-40... Owners need to do their own research and ask questions... Then make their own rational decision...

Understood. I do however like to hear success stories of these alternate oils working well with UOA's to back them up.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you guys put in your file as a proof that you changed your oil for warranty purpose.?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I myself keep a small note book in the house with all the service records of all our autos... I used to keep receipts but they really only show that you bought the oil {Not Changed it}....

The only actual proof I would think is receipts from a quick lube or dealership... With Vin # and Tag number attached... Just my opinion...