Pennzoil Used Oil Analysis Program!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those like me that have no clue what TBN stand for --> click here

I will take the TBN next time. It will be fun to compare the numbers and the type of driving. In my case I do some occasional spirited driving.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Basshead: I agree wholeheartedly! I do Very Little Idling {Warm or Cold} Very Little Stop and Go {City Driving}... Mostly Highway & Interstate 65-80mph... Very Very Few start a cold 5.7L and drive 5 blocks and shut her off...---->This is by far the hardest on the oil and motor...

95% of the time I take the time to get the oil temp up above 190*F for {At least 15-20 min} to evaporate all the moisture & cook all the carbon contaminants out of the oil...

So far after almost 14K miles I have never once taken her to WOT! LoL! Never needed too...She has always had Plenty of Power to do what I needed her to do without it... Amazing Motor...

Towing during the summer months will be more intense (Once the kids are out of college and we purchase that new TT)... Which makes my oil choice even More Important...

Last edited:
OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
ram5.7Lhemi: Here is the reply I received back from Gena!

No need to send any money to Blackstone. Pennzoil is taking care of the payment to the lab. Please let us know if he has any additional questions. He can also reach out to us on BITOG or via email at [email protected].

Hope this helps...

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A

No need to send any money to Blackstone. Pennzoil is taking care of the payment to the lab. Please let us know if he has any additional questions. He can also reach out to us on BITOG or via email at [email protected].

Hope this helps...

thanks, there must be a mix up from the letter i received i see if i can find it when I'm home, out of town for work currently.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A

Hope this helps...

this is the letter received in the mail....

Attachments

• IMG_3682.jpg
    IMG_3682.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 102

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Well, accidentally ran the wife's Jeep's oil to almost 10,000 miles. I usually do changes at the 5000-6000 mile range. With the totalling of my truck (we drove her Jeep more), and a couple long trips this past summer, it got away from me. However, when I discovered that and changed the oil, I used the Pennzoil kit to send the sample to Blackstone. Got the results today.

2014_Jeep_Blackstone-012216_zpsia8xnct7.jpg

Same Hemi engine thats in my Ram, so I figured it will work. If they send me the second sample kit, like they were originally stating they would, I will compare this to the Ram's oil when it comes out. It was last changed at a Ford dealership before I bought it, so I am a little interested to see what they used and how it compares. The Pennzoil Ultra used in the wife's Jeep last was 5W20, so evidently after almost 10k, it turns into 5W30. :)

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Bummer they don't do tbn, kinda the most important thing if you want to know how long you can run the oil. Thanks for posting, pretty great oil there. Wear could be better, but seams to be normal Chrysler/Jeep numbers.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Jason: will be interesting to see if those Copper & Iron #s drop with each UOA done... Initial break-in some times takes a while... Though they both would have been lower at the 6K mile mark...

Blackstone told you to extend your OCI to 12K miles if you like next time...So I will take an educated guess your TBN had to be at least 2.0 or 2.5 remaining...

Thanks for Posting...

Jason: If you want...Delete your post and black out all your personal info and re-post your UOA... I hate your personal info being within this forum for all to see..

Last edited:

raven3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi RCSB Express
Believe PP & PUP being a group 3 is a 5k DI oil, not 10k DI.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Believe PP & PUP being a group 3 is a 5k DI oil, not 10k DI.

All depends on Engine design and Driving habits...

The UOA I have seen with either of these oils showing a TBN... Most have gone over 7K miles with plenty of TBN Left Showing...

PYB can achieve 5K mile OCI without breaking a sweat!

If you dump any top synthetic oil at the 5K mile mark within Your 5.7L You are wasting $$$...

****Just follow your OLM if you are under warranty!***
Which I believe is calibrated close to 8K miles maybe a bit more...{Using PYB}!-->According to the Service MGR at the dealership where I bought my Ram!
{Maybe Idle time and Oil Temp might play some part into the calibration method...}

Last edited:

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Jason: If you want...Delete your post and black out all your personal info and re-post your UOA... I hate your personal info being within this forum for all to see...

What personal info? The only personal info of mine on there that I see is my name in the top, right corner. The "Mark MccRacken" and "Kerry Group" and related information are the third party hired to do the study for Pennzoil.

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
What personal info? The only personal info of mine on there that I see is my name in the top, right corner. The "Mark MccRacken" and "Kerry Group" and related information are the third party hired to do the study for Pennzoil.

Ok My mistake!

OP
OP
SyN

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I felt I needed to visit 1 more time and post this! Since this is my thread...

For those using PP or PUP-->DO NOT DUMP THIS OIL AT 5K miles...
If you are under warranty-->Follow your OLM out!
If you get busy and can't find time to change your oil at the 7K or 8K mile mark, it's totally ok these 2 oils these oils can handle the extra few miles...

These 2 oils can hang with the best of them when it comes to extending your OCI...

I feel if he had used maybe a 30Wt from the beginning he might not be using so much oil between OCI now... But that point is totally irrelevant now...

This is 1 of hundreds using PP & PUP! going beyond a 5K mile OCI...With Excellent results even going past 10K miles...

I posted this one because it was taken with the 5.7L Hemi {Though it is 06} it is still the same basic design-->Easy on the Oil... Plus his driving style was not considered in my mind Severe....

My advice here from Day One since I visited here--->DON'T ALWAYS BELIEVE WHAT YOU HEAR OR READ! Take the time to do your own research... In Most Cases you will be surprised what you find...

Even though this UOA has a bit of age to it... The {New} PP pure plus version is a changed formula and I feel is more robust...

I exchanged PM with this OP a day ago... This 5.7L is still running strong...

Notice He does and did take his OCI past the 5k mile mark...
Almost 300K miles on this 06 5.7L!

PP 5w-20 / 12.650 mi on Oil / 277,650 mi on Car | Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline | Bob Is The Oil Guy

It's been enjoyable! I Think... God Bless You All!

Last edited:

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my first UOA a month ago, but didn't received the 2nd oii/uoa kit. Do I need to contact them again for the 2nd shipment?

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Kind of had a set back on the UOA. The first one I sent to black stone was not filed under the pre paid pennzoil test. I r dieted a letter but was out of town for work. By time I contacted pennzoil which was about 3 weeks or so they didn't have the oil I sent in. Black stone sent out another kit and I changed my oil today. The oil that will be tested is the PUP that they sent. Being I can't find that at my stores here I put PP synthetic in it.

Truck is 2015 with about 15k miles.... The 10k OCI is kinda scary to me. I don't believe in the 3k but 10k? I guess we will see what black stone says I change my synthetic at 6k

For those that have sent in the oil do you send it in the black bottle black stone sends or put that bottle in a yellow envelope? The first time I was sent a kit it had a pre paid postage and yellow envelope. This time no pre paid postage only the black bottle.... Kinda frustrating.

ram5.7hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
On the note of the oil life indicater on the 2015 RAM......

Anyone know if this truly monitores oil or is set for 10k? Every single time the oil life is at 50 percent there's 5k miles on that oil...?

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Got my first UOA a month ago, but didn't received the 2nd oii/uoa kit. Do I need to contact them again for the 2nd shipment?

I contacted GenaFishbeck on the BobIsTheOilGuy forums with the same question. She said they would ship out a 2nd kit to me. If I were you, I'd contact her on that forum, making sure to give her the date you got your UOA results from Blackstone.

dtru1222

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tried to read through but did not see the UOA for the PUP. Was it posted?

Curious as to how much Moly they run.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I contacted GenaFishbeck on the BobIsTheOilGuy forums with the same question. She said they would ship out a 2nd kit to me. If I were you, I'd contact her on that forum, making sure to give her the date you got your UOA results from Blackstone.

Yeah I contacted her and she took care of me

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Many of you know I have an OCD with Motor Oil... I have since I was 16...

I have also been a long time member @ BITOG.com since 05...

I was recently asked by Gena Fishbeck a member of the Pennzoil Team...
to participate in a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum {PUP} w/Pure Plus UOA program...

Pennzoil sends me a Case of PUP @ the viscosity of my choice along with a UOA sample kit... {Free Oil Change}! I run my normal OCI cycle then take a sample and send it in... {I think the kit is Blackstone Labs}... Then Pennzoil gets sent a copy as well as myself to see the actual benefits of using PUP...

Then the Pennzoil Team sends you another Free Case of PUP and a UOA kit to back up your first results...

Pennzoil is basically trying to get long time loyal users of other brands of Oil to switch to PUP with the Free oil changes and seeing the beneficial results with using this oil... with hope of you continuing to use their oils...

I myself already have Pennzoil Ultra in my crankcase now... It is not the Pure Plus version with {GTL} technology...>Gas to Liquid!

I will drain the Ultra in December and start my UOA program with the PUP... and follow my OLM...

For those of you who might be interested in doing this Visit Used Oil Analysis - Bob is the Oil Guy - Bob is the Oil Guy and create an account and message GenaFishbeck She will get your information and get you a Kit sent out...

I will post my UOA in this thread once I get my UOA report back for all to see... I know PUP is Pennzoil {Flagship} Synthetic Oil...I will be using 5W-30 Viscosity... It will be really interesting so see the first UOA of my 5.7L using this oil...

Go give Gena a Shout! It would be interesting to see other members accept this challenge and post their UOA here in this thread as well....

Oh: Just for everyone info... Who use PYB... There is some Very Serious Talk over at BITOG about Pennzoil using GTL base in their PYB... Which is creating quite a stir.... A conventional oil {PYB} having all the same benefits as Pennzoil Platinum @ half the price....
New Update-->It seems it just might be the PYB 10W-30....

I ran a search at the above forum for Gina Fishbeck but it didn't pull up anything. Where can I find her to get started in this program?
Thanks,
Jason