Pentastar V 6 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
32000 miles 2015 seem louder to me then should be normal.. Had a nice rumble when I picked it up with 21000 miles but seems louder,Seems to be in the front of the pedals . Had truck a few months so never really bothered me but I think it is louder and should the Pentastar sound loud? (NOT hole in exhaust loud) (Rumble), Never had a V6 sound like a mild after market exhaust lol... RAM will be going to dealer soon for winter tire change over and fix loose heat shield rattle, but want to hear what you all say in case I get a line of BS . If I remember right the HEMIs had bad Manifold studs that broke sometimes, did that ever happen on the V6 ?

Thanks

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Upload a audio file from your webcam. If it sounds like a sewing machine, that would be exhaust or lifter tick. But just louder? Moving from 5w20 to 5w30 oil should take care of loudness.

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Moving from 5w20 to 5w30 oil should take care of loudness.
Wow, just wow, you can make that diagnosis just by what you read from his posting?
wow, just wow.
More internet crap we read.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Wow, just wow, you can make that diagnosis just by what you read from his posting?
wow, just wow.
More internet crap we read.

Itching for a E fight again, lowlife. I'm pretty sure I asked him to upload a audio file. We should forgive him though, I pulled his picture of facebook, if I looked like markcuda I would be grumpy too. I will say they named you correctly, the name really fits your image. Dude just a little more mullet and you nailed it.

ec305af33c84467928357d544b680acd.jpg

Last edited:

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Well, at least I don't insult some ones looks, just their stupid internet "I know it all attitude about the oils I use and you better use them also or you are stupid"
Dude, just stick to the facts, please post up some more of your swell diagnosis, just by what he said. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Upload a audio file from your webcam. If it sounds like a sewing machine, that would be exhaust or lifter tick. But just louder? Moving from 5w20 to 5w30 oil should take care of loudness.

Thank you for your info, Never thought of the oil weight, But do think I heard of that before
I will try a audio file but I am tech tarded lol.. Not the sewing machine hole in muffler sound more of a lower rumble like a after market system but seems to be hear the floor!

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Well, at least I don't insult some ones looks, just their stupid internet "I know it all attitude about the oils I use and you better use them also or you are stupid"
Dude, just stick to the facts, please post up some more of your swell diagnosis, just by what he said. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
I took his advice as a guide to more info which is what I wanted.. Starting with the basic's sometimes finds a problem :) So I am thankful for any info I get as it may help me now or later!

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
I took his advice as a guide to more info which is what I wanted.. Starting with the basic's sometimes finds a problem So I am thankful for any info I get as it may help me now or later!
He has not a clue what your motor is making or sounds like, but, he still tries to make a diagnosis with a different oil viscosity.
But hey.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
He has not a clue what your motor is making or sounds like, but, he still tries to make a diagnosis with a different oil viscosity.
But hey.
I take it as could be worth a shot! And any advice I get may or may not help but you never know ,sometimes something simple can fix a issue!. He also ask for a audio file so he could hear it for a better opinion!, The way I read it is it was NOT a 110% cure but a place to start. And if I did try a oil change it is a cheap try :) Just looking for opinion's not to start a ******* contest lol

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
wassup gus.. anyone happen to know the stock exhaust diameter? 2.25? 2.5 ? thanks

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Dad, who was a farmer, always said: Listen to your machine. It's talking to you.

I had an old Carolla, that sounded a little more "metallic" when it was a quart low on oil.

If Burla told me to try different oil, l think ld be changing oil.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
just a shot in the dark but someone may have installed a Hemi in the wee hours of the morning whilst you were having sweet dreams, check under the hood for conformation.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have the 3.6 in our 2013 Jeep Wrangler and so far it has been a good little engine. It does have some start up clatter for a second when it sits overnight but then it is pretty quiet. I did switch it over to 5W-30 Pennzoil Platinum on the 3rd oil change which did help with some of the cold start noise.