People with the Diablosport inTune I3 Platinum for 15+ Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you upgrade from one of the earlier models to the I3? If so, what's the part number of it? Everything I find online takes me to a Chrysler inTune part number 8345 for vehicles up to 2014, and anything with 2015+ Rams only gives me an option to buy with a PCM swap. I already have the PCM, just need the inTune. Part number on those are 8321. I want just a inTune I3 Platinum tuner. Thanks

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
My understanding are the i3 Platinum tuners are needed for custom tuning, i3 is for canned tunes only.

Custom Tuning
The major difference with the Platinum InTune i3 Dodge Hellcat tuner is that it supports custom tunes. It still comes pre-loaded with Diablosport's proven "canned" tunes but will also allow you to store up to 5 custom files from Diabloport's large network of custom tuners, or if you have their Chip Master Revolution software you can tune it yourself. The only trade-off is that this model is NOT emissions legal for use on the street, only racing and other forms of competition.

OP
OP
ramittome

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactly. I know that part already. I plan on running the canned tune until I get the money for the custom tune, so therefore I need the Platinum, but what I don't need is the PCM swap, and that's the only option they give for a 2015+ Ram.

OP
OP
ramittome

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For future reference. Anyone looking for the I3 tuner that already has the PCM unlocked, part number is 8345. It says up to 2014 because if they listed it for 15+ and someone bought it and tried installing without an unlocked pcm, they'd be calling Diablosport fussing. Just got that confirmed with Diablosport themselves.

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Does anyone know how the mileage is affected with the 15’s? If you install the unlocked PCM, does your mileage only calculate on the PCM that is installed?

OP
OP
ramittome

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your mileage will stay the same. It's built into the gauge cluster itself. The only way the dealer will know something is off is if they run the mileage off of the PCM. Majority of them will just look on the dash. When you order a new PCM you do have to tell them the miles on it so the PCM will be close to what you have now. It just won't be exact unless you park your truck at the date of order.