Placebo Effect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dan0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Placebo Effect My ***! I just installed my pedal commander and this makes my Ram fun to drive. Its a must have! The people who speak negatively about pedal commander obviously do not own one.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad to here you like it! Love hearing positive feedback from our customers!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed mine today... ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT... It is how the factory should have come.

I have mine set to City +3, as I drive in NYC/Long Island NY traffic.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Was supposed to get mine from amazon yesterday. was on the truck from ups to be delivered, and then got a message about it being delayed, no reason as to why. watched the ups deliver to my neighbor across the street, so not sure what the deal is.. upset to say the least.

Jimmy_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the main criticism of the Pedal Commander is the fact that it doesn't add any measurable performance, it just changes the throttle response. That can be a hard pill for potential buyers to swallow at $300. But I'm glad that you like it! It seems that most people that buy it end up liking it.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
awesome man!

Dano what did you pay?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
awesome man!

Dano what did you pay?
He purchased it from us. If you would like a quote shoot me a PM with your vehicle info and shipping address and I'll provide you a quote shipped to your door with the RAM Forum special discount.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

dan0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are correct it does not add HP, I was not looking to hot rod my truck, I just wanted it to drive better. I always felt like it was sluggish and something was holding it back until you pushed the pedal 1/2 way or better.... then a couple of slow downshifts and then you finally feel the passing power the truck has. I set it on sport+1 and the truck just drives in traffic and on the hwy like it should. I have no way to explain how much stronger the truck feels. (even though I know no extra HP was added it sure feels like it and that was all I wanted)

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are correct it does not add HP, I was not looking to hot rod my truck, I just wanted it to drive better. I always felt like it was sluggish and something was holding it back until you pushed the pedal 1/2 way or better.... then a couple of slow downshifts and then you finally feel the passing power the truck has. I set it on sport+1 and the truck just drives in traffic and on the hwy like it should. I have no way to explain how much stronger the truck feels. (even though I know no extra HP was added it sure feels like it and that was all I wanted)

It really feels like a different truck. I couldn't even keep mine on Sport, I have it on City +3 and it is night and day difference. As long as the factory Ram pedal acts the way it does, I will always have a Pedal Commander. Going back is unbearable.

It almost feels like the truck is lighter, like it is back at it's fighting weight. Not any stronger, but more agile.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think he means that it doesn't add any power...but it sure feels like it does with the increased response. Could be wrong...just my take when I read the post.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Where did you get the "placebo effect" impression from? Never heard that before in reference to the various throttle sensitivity boosters on the market.

If you search the web about Pedal Commanders, there are many posts referring to the improved feel as a placebo effect becuase it doesn't actually add power. But, those who have tried it, understand it isn't a placebo effect, but better driveability.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye