Ported throttle body need tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Thinking about grabbing a ported throttle body from Moe's or Fastman. Currently only performance mods I have are a drop in k&n and a 14" magnaflow with 3.92's. No tune. Is this mod worth it without a tune or will I still benefit from it? Plan on a Diablo w/ hemi fever down the road but not in the budget right now. My truck is a daily driver btw.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd do the tuner first, then a TB. And the TB is really optional and won't give you much unless you plan on putting headers on the truck or doing some cam work.

The tuner will give you some instant results and can accommodate future changes with no problems.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with getting a tuner first. I had a Fastman TB on my Challenger and liked it a lot. I sent him the one off my car during the winter to do his magic on. It was about one week from the time I shipped it to him and getting it back. It make an improvement on throttle response. I totally forgot to get a stock one and put it on the car when I traded it in for my Rebel, as it would work on the truck also.
If I ever get the steering issue and engine misfire repaired, I plan to keep the Rebel and get a ECU and tuner, then a TB for it. Otherwise I will trade it back in for a sport, then get the Tuner and TB. :happy107: