Power gain options 8 Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Ram Sport, 5.7L W/ 8Speed auto, and i was looking into what options we have for performance increases?
I currently have a S&B intake and Flow Master Cat back exhaust system, but other than that im not sure where to go. I was going to buy a DiabloSport tuner but read some bad reviews about them.
Any suggestions?
10r1w0m.jpg

OP
OP
C

Colton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would but diablo sport appears to be the only option for the 8speeds, and ive read on alot of problems with the current design. Cluster staying on while trucks off, disabling ABS ....etc

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
where areyou getting these negative reports?
Like any other system thier are occasional problems.
however for every negative report there is 100's of satisfied customers who don't post or otherwise publisize anything.
I've had issues...some self inflicted, some unknown, with my charger, but nothing that couldn't be worked out.
For my Ram, I bought an IT2, and had issues, spent 1/2 day off from work ( on a monday no less) on the tech line and eventually they figured out that the unit had a bad touchscreen ....Diablo stayed on the phone to make sure that I could still drive the truck.....Hemifever sent me another unit out that day, before I even sent him tracking info for the defective unit.
If your new to tuning, and or dont plan on going into the motor or adding boost the IT2 is a great choice.
with your mods a Hemifever tune with the tuner is a great option.
His emailed directions are the best I have ever had and the IT2 practically does everything in regard to loading its drives etc. as soon as you plug it into your laptop.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've only seen a handful of issues with the tuner, most of the guys who have em swear by them!

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what we are all missing, and by all I mean chargers, challangers, rams etc is tuning for the eight speed....just raised shift points and incresed firmness....

Diablo has posted on thier forum that they are " working on it" .....
I dont know if the 8speed has TCM seperate form the PCM I thnk it might, because if it was in the PCM it seems logical that they would have offered the feature in the 2015 and up replacement PCMs for tuning. Logical to me anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Colton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The bad reviews I've seen are directly on Diablo's website. Each post about something being wrong has quite a high number of people commenting stating they have the same issue, perhaps these issues have been fixed , I'm not sure. Therefor here I am asking you guys lol

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats a good point.
seems lots of threads never get answered. sometimes its because they focus on the issue, and neither the customer or Diablo updates the thread. on the other hand, I had daiblo tech on the phone and the tech told me not to use the easytune feature as theres been problems with it. Now we were trying to trobleshoot the IT2 and tune my truck, so that is a special circumstance..or is it?

Sometimes poeple beat them up for stuf fthey have no control over...the Mopar 11 ( NOT a 2011 Mopar, a special edition) chargers comes to mind...they had a special calid that Daiblo had difficulty getting ...so those who bought Mopar 11s could not tune thier cars. eventually Diablo got what they needed and the situation was resolved, bt man they took a beating for months...and they were upfront, they didnt foresee this and it would take some time.

Then theres the , I cant drive my vehicle somethign went wrong, threads...sometimes there is an issue with the product, sometimes its user error.
I'd like to say that dialo focuses onthe issue but thts not alwasy the case.
90% of the time they are on it.

My advise, coming from the Predator to the trinity, and now the IT2 is, when first tuning do it early in the week, like sunday night or monday night. that way if there is an issue tech will be available the next day.

Last edited:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Love my InTune, works like a champ and running customs tunes makes it even better!

The trans does have a separate control module, it's actually part of the filter/cover assembly.

OP
OP
C

Colton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
You should of ordered it from Matt at Moes or Hemifever himself. That way you get free custom tuning from Hemifever to your specific truck.

OP
OP
C

Colton

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should of ordered it from Matt at Moes or Hemifever himself. That way you get free custom tuning from Hemifever to your specific truck.

ill probably just order a tune from hemifever later on. TopDot is a canadian company which saved me shipping (120$ to ship the tuner to Canada from most places) plus it saved me from having to pay duties and what not when it actually arrives so all and all it was just cheaper to do it this way.

Plus im impatient and ordering from inside of Canada promises quick shipping:)

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had a trinnity on my 2010..loved it..Only problems were from the operator...As soon as the issues for the 16's(dont wanna be buyin a new engine ecu just to run a tuner) get figured out im in the market for another..
Love the idea of toss on some basic mods,plug in a tuner,make a map and email it to hemi fever..He makes his changes,you reinstall map and life is good....
Diablo trinnity,would i own another..Not a doubt in my mind..