Power Steering Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mickth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,
I have 2011 2500 Hemi, 4x4. It has 130,000 miles on it. I've only put about 5,000 miles on it since I got it in January, and it has been flawless.

Last night we hooked up the trailer to go camping, and our power steering pump blew. Lost all fluid. I got a tow home, and took out the pump this morning. I can't see where the leak is, but the pulley does seem kind of tight to turn. I do see small particles in the fluid.

I have a few questions.

1) I've found part R8070907Ac as the Pump, pulley and reservoir online at Moparparts, for $212. Does that sound about right? Dealer wanted $404, but they would have to order it.

2) I saw something called a power steering fluid filter. Where does that go? Does it go inline somewhere? or, does it come inside the pump somewhere? Sounds like a great idea, I've just not heard of one before.

3) I'll probably replace the serpentine belt while I'm doing this. Is there anything else that should get changed? Either of the PS hoses?

Eugene OR