Pro Edge Street Edge Converter Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Niveko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I am looking to hear some reviews on owners who have replaced their TC with the Pro Edge Converters. I would like to know, between the 2600 and 2800 stall, which you chose and why. If anyone would like to comment on the differences between the two stalls, and what applications they are meant for rather than not please let me know.

Note: I do not take the truck to the track, it is mostly street, some off-road, and very light and minimal on towing (snowmachine, boat and trailer in the future). The only bolt-on mods I see myself doing are throttle body, CAI, headers, and some possibly some exhaust work, but these are not going to be done anytime soon.

Thank you,
Kevin

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
I would put your money into other mods, maybe a Diablo tuner with a custome tune. With how you use your truck it's not worth it in my opinion. If your dead set on a converter then get the 2600. I went with Circle D`s multi disc 3400 stall ($1200) and it was a piece of junk. Took all the driveability out of my truck, hot sloppy tranny, overall a horrible experience. It was in my truck 8 days and it went back for a refund.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2600 stall Edge converter on my 2500/6.4 Ram. Huge improvement over stock and haven't had any drivability issues after several thousand miles. Truck will now launch hard off the line where as before you'd have to load the stock converter to get any sort of decent launch. Went with 2600 per Matt's recommendation since I tow occasionally.