Procharger Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone,

Cant find many owners of Newer Gen rams with prochargers and Stock motors. Looking at simply adding a bit more power to my truck VIA the new stage 2 procharger setup, but had a few questions on experiences and tuning from owners.

Anyone out there?

Brandon

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm sure loving mine! I had a trusted performance shop install and tune it; running stock internal parts. I have been very happy with the power output even up here at 5000ft and haven't had any issues so far after about a year of use. If you do go the supercharger route, I recommend using a good water/methanol system with it too :waytogo:

Last edited:
OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amazing. What PSI are you running and what bypass valve are you on?

Did they do a custom tune? was there a noticeable difference from the procharger tune?

How did the tune work? does procharger have you send in the stock ecm? or do they supply a ecm?

I REALLY appreciate the help

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
With the water/methanol system you can run at about 8PSI; the stock piston rings won't handle more than that I've been told. Everything has been very reliable so far for me and most people have good experiences with properly install supercharger kits on these Hemi trucks.

Not sure on what bypass is being used as with my elevation my shop set it up custom with a waste gate to protect from over boosting when driving to lower elevations.

As for the tune, my shop worked with Procharger's tuning group to make a custom tune. Procharger doesn't do any custom PCMs for these trucks unfortunately so I had to get an unlocked one from DiabloSport. I recommend finding a good performance shop that is both a Procharger and Diablosport dealer to do the install as there is more that goes into it than you think and they will be able to give you the best deal on the packaged install.

OP
OP
bgray

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info. I own a large repair shop, and do this stuff all the time so install is not an issue. Was very curios on the tuning. I know they supply a diablo, but there must be a walk around for the PCM.

any pictures or videos of your setup?

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There isn't a supplied Diablo PCM unfortunately; you have to either send yours in to Diablo to get it unlocked or buy one from Diablo that already is. The 15/16 Ram's PCMs are harder locked than older ones and Diablo hasn't even fully unlocked them yet as you won't be able to tune anything with the transmission unfortunately. However, with an unlocked PCM and Diablo tuner, you can adjust most engine parameters directly.

Here is a pic of mine installed before the water/methanol system was installed...

image.jpg

Last edited:

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much was the cost broken down. Kit - Install - Tune? This would be a final upgrade for me later down the road. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
From a good performance shop who is a Procharger dealer, you're looking at about 7-8K depending on options and configurations.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45