Programmer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedDevil73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the guy at the shop where I bought my new tires said I'd need a programmer to adjust the speedometer for the larger tires. So what does a programmer do exactly, which one would I need and where would I get it? Can it adjust anything other than speedometer?

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
There aren't too many tuners available for the '13s yet. I know BullyDog makes one and there might be others. Basically the tuner has a program on it that allows it to modify the vehicle's factory computer settings.

You will want to check with your dealership before adding a tuner. The newer trucks track if the program has been changed and the dealer may void your warranty if you have problems.

Your dealer may be able to update the computer and adjust the speedo without taking the chance of voiding your warranty.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Dealers can't void an entire warranty just because of the existence of any mod. Basically if you have a tuner and something goes wrong, they have to prove the tuner caused the issue, and then and only then can they deny the warranty claim, and it only applies to that specific issue.

Using a tuner just to calibrate the speedometer shouldn't give you warranty issues, but if that's all you want it for, I would check with the dealer first like Power247 said. They may be able to do it without you needing to spend as much money for a tuner.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk