Progressive or Competitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to get an exhaust kit for my ram 1500. I think I have it narrowed down to the Carven brand.

I'm just not sure if I want the Progressive or Competitor series.

I like a nice, low rumble that can get loud when I want it too. I also don't want insane droning noise in the cab when on the highway.

Basically when I boot stomp it I want to hear it and grin but yet at the same time when cruising down the highway not to be annoyed by it, if that makes sense.

I'm open to other exhaust brands or ideas if you have any better input.

B_J_Walden

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looking to get an exhaust kit for my ram 1500. I think I have it narrowed down to the Carven brand.

I'm just not sure if I want the Progressive or Competitor series.

I like a nice, low rumble that can get loud when I want it too. I also don't want insane droning noise in the cab when on the highway.

Basically when I boot stomp it I want to hear it and grin but yet at the same time when cruising down the highway not to be annoyed by it, if that makes sense.

I'm open to other exhaust brands or ideas if you have any better input.
I went with the magnaflow and I love it it's only loud when you stomp on it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the progressive. I heard the competitor can get a little loud on the highway. I haven't had issues with my progressive. I love it honestly. Low rumbley idle and a nice aggressive acceleration sound and it smooths out nice while cruising. No raspiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIGMIKE27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the carven competitor series with the 5 inch tips, it does get raspy when driving on the freeway and your going into overdrive gears 7 and 8. But I love the overall sound expecially the cold start

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Really sounds like you want the Progressive exhaust, its pretty quiet rolling down the hwy but when you drop the hammer its loud, its a low rumble thats crisp and clean and mean. just sounds badass.

If you would want it louder put 5" tips on it, even more pull the resonators off.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I second the comment that it sounds like you want progressive.... Imo... If you have to ask, then you want progressive be ause you don't want too loud.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I third progressive. I installed it in April and love it. Very nice cold start, nice rumble when driving, but LOUD when I get on it.

Here is my install and sound clips.

https://youtu.be/WWitoDqCuHc

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I third progressive. I installed it in April and love it. Very nice cold start, nice rumble when driving, but LOUD when I get on it.

Here is my install and sound clips.

https://youtu.be/WWitoDqCuHc

Thanks for the video! It sounds great! I'm assuming the camera doesn't quite do it justice?

I think I might want a little more sound of it, It's hard to tell from all these videos I've been watching lol.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the video! It sounds great! I'm assuming the camera doesn't quite do it justice?

I think I might want a little more sound of it, It's hard to tell from all these videos I've been watching lol.

The videos don't do it justice in my opinion. I love my progressive. It gets loud under throttle and doesn't sound as quiet as most videos make it out to be. It's got a throaty rumble to it. If you want loud get the competitor series. It's fairly close to straight pipes. When I swapped my muffler I left the muffler off to hear straight pipes and most competitor videos sound very similar to straight piped

H8Train

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another vote for the progressive. A buddy got a competitor and it sounds good but too loud for me.

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You are welcome. No the video does not do it justice!