Pypes violator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Anybody running a Pypes Violator muffler kit? It is a lot less then most of the other muffler kits i have seen but it is an all stainless kit including the clamps and has a lifetime warranty. Has a mean rumble to it too from the few clips I have seen on YouTube. Haven't heard to much about them so I'm still a little skeptical.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had it right after I got my truck, sound is louder/meaner than 18 inch magnaflow, and is quieter inside. There are two tabs on the factory tail pipes that will need to be ground off(they show this on Pypes you tube video of the install). I didn't do this due to not having a grinder so my tails stuck out a little farther, and there is no way in hell to force the reducers over and get a decent seal. Install is easy, did with the truck on the ground, the factory muffler is a ***** to get off and heavy, second set of hands helps.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In regards to quality, the pipes are all stainless, it will take some finagling to get it lined up since you have a mid pipe, to a muffler, to reducers, to the tail pipes. I have since gone on to a pypes m80 and then a black widow Maker, and at times I wish I had kept the violator due to the low cabin noise. I put a full pypes violator catback on my brothers 16 Silverado and he digs it, and the muffler I took off my truck was used on a buddy's 17 Sierra after he heard my brothers truck and he's is happy with it as well

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's the one I had, think paid $200 from Amazon. I also had a violator axle back on my 2006 mustang GT that had the 14 inch violator and there was no drone inside either. The truck kit uses an 18 inch muffler where as the mustang, charger, and challenger use a 14 inch. The muffler is light as hell, there is no packing inside to burnout as it is just a louvered/baffled core. For $160, full stainless you can't beat it.

Niteboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did some searching on youtube. Muffler sounds good. Might just have to spend some extra dough I have laying around and get one.

OP
OP
keith.C.2313

keith.C.2313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
I did a little more research on it and found it is 409 stainless just like the Carven and Flowmaster and reviews have said very little drone in the cab. It has stainless band clamps for the two outlets but a zinc u-bolt for the inlet. I think I would buy a 3" stainless band clamp in place of the u-bolt.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk