Question about Intune’s canned tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are Diablosports canned tunes already set up for a 180 degree thermostat? I’ve noticed while running their 87 octane tune, when my coolant temp is 200, my electric fan is running and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are Diablosports canned tunes already set up for a 180 degree thermostat? I’ve noticed while running their 87 octane tune, when my coolant temp is 200, my electric fan is running and running.

They are setup to allow you to adjust those parameters. Sign up on their website and you can download the manual. That will help with the visual aspect

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ran the 91 Octane tune.
Scrolled through the parameters to disable MDS and noticed that it came with lower e-fan settings than stock.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You have to select that setting using the programmer to make it work. It's not a default software setting in the canned tunes.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to select that setting using the programmer to make it work. It's not a default software setting in the canned tunes.

That is true for the MDS setting. (You have to use the modify parameters mode and turn it off manually.) The fan turn-on point however is lower than stock on the 91 octane tune by default.

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes you can adjust your E-Fan settings for any of the canned tunes. Go into modify tune -> advanced parameters and you'll see it. From memory the 87* tune is set to about 204* for electric fan on. But wont shut off until about 200*

OP
OP
JasonK94Z

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can adjust your E-Fan settings for any of the canned tunes. Go into modify tune -> advanced parameters and you'll see it. From memory the 87* tune is set to about 204* for electric fan on. But wont shut off until about 200*

Thank you. I’m aware of the setting. Just have noticed the fan running. A lot.

I’ll be installing a 180 degree tstat this weekend anyways

Boosted Motorsports

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you. I’m aware of the setting. Just have noticed the fan running. A lot.

I’ll be installing a 180 degree tstat this weekend anyways

Yeah makes sense.

Stock thermostat is 205 which is basically where Diablosport sets the fan to turn on.

Factory temp setting for the E-Fan is 222* so it never usually comes on unless the A/C is on.