Question about plugging trinity in while truck is running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am getting a trinity unit soon and I recently found out that you need to unplug the unit every time you shut the truck off so your battery isn't drained. My question is do I need to plug the unit back in before the truck is started or will I be safe plugging it in after the truck is already running

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am getting a trinity unit soon and I recently found out that you need to unplug the unit every time you shut the truck off so your battery isn't drained. My question is do I need to plug the unit back in before the truck is started or will I be safe plugging it in after the truck is already running

No, you'll be fine plugging it back in whenever.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
You don't need to unplug it, just set the sleep timer and it will power down if you are worried about battery drain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need to unplug it, just set the sleep timer and it will power down if you are worried about battery drain

there's a lot of people saying it'll still rain the battery even in the sleep mode

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
How long are you talking about leaving it plugged in? Overnight? Two weeks? I left mine plugged in nightly for a few weeks in the middle of winter and had no problems

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long are you talking about leaving it plugged in? Overnight? Two weeks? I left mine plugged in nightly for a few weeks in the middle of winter and had no problems

i don't have any specific times im just wondering if I need to unplug the tuner or not. id rather not have to deal with a dead battery. I have a trickle charger on my truck for the winter when I plug it in but during the summer months and what not is what im talking about I guess.

malatu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L Pentastar

If you don't mind me asking, what is a trinity unit?

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's almost as if something changed. Used to be able to leave it plugged in for weeks and still start no problem. Now I can't leave it plugged anymore than a couple days, even in "sleep" mode.

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's almost as if something changed. Used to be able to leave it plugged in for weeks and still start no problem. Now I can't leave it plugged anymore than a couple days, even in "sleep" mode.

Yeah that's what im saying.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So yeah, it shouldn't matter when you plug it back in. I plug it back in before starting the truck sometimes and on the fly other times, haven't had any problems.

OP
OP
doug2013

doug2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So yeah, it shouldn't matter when you plug it back in. I plug it back in before starting the truck sometimes and on the fly other times, haven't had any problems.

Alright sounds good thanks for the info.