question about tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadparrot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hey folks. Before I pull the trigger on a tuner I wanted to get some input from whomever is willing.

2014 Ram 2500 CTD with the 6 speed manual transmission and 4x4. Crew cab, short bed. Already sitting on 35's and a front level kit.

So ive been reading about tuners and the best I can figure is the Bully Dog with unlock cable for around $550 is my best option. Any thoughts?

Here is what I want to do. Correct the speed for the 35's.
AND maybe reclaim some of the lost power they kill for the manual transmission. Plus I just like new toys and this is my first big boy toy that isn't on two wheels... so this seems like the first step before other mods.

Now here is the million dollar question. I understand they killed a little HP and around 200 ft lb of torque for the manual transmission. Is this because the trans cant handle the power? Or because it would make it harder to drive with the clutch? Or an attempt to force people into high trims?

I really don't want to hurt my truck. Its my daily driver so being dependable it first. So will the trans hold up to more power unlocked by a tuner is the big question I have.

My information could be completely wrong and is why I am here to have more eyes on it.

And on a side note. Where does one get the the heated tow mirrors for these trucks? Why anyone puts regular mirrors on a diesel 2500 truck is beyond me.

Thanks for any input.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Contact either Moe's Performance or Hemifever here on the site for answers to your questions about tuners. From time to time there are mirrors for sale or trade in the For Sale section or there is also a vendor on site that sells replacement mirrors. He has a good reptuation here.
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

deadparrot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Any idea who the vendor is?