Ram 1500 5.7 hemi 4x4 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bajamovil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Crankshaft Position Sensor Intermittent

Guys i need your knowledge on the hemi 5.7 engine, i bought a salvage truck that had water damage, engine was stuck and had water in the chambers we pulled the plugs and emptied the chambers replaced oil, and cranked it took forever to start but when it did i was making a loud noise so we took it apart and had a piston damaged and a couple missing tooth of the tone ring sensor, i was able to find the piston and rings but not the tone ring sensor so i took it to a machine shop and they rewelded the missing teeth now the truck takes a long time to star the engine doesnt make any noise but keeps taking forever to start i get an error crank missfire, so we already tested with other crank sensors and the truck keeps doing the same, i went to the dealer today to buy the tone ring sensor only to find out that they don't sell it unless u buy half block that's 2500dlls, can you please confirm my suspicious of the tone sensor the machine shop did a great job rebuilding the missing teeth but maybe the solder material its different and the crank sensor doesn't register properly, remember this truck went into fresh water,
and if you have an idea where i can get one of this tone ring sensors used or new

thanks in advance and all ideas and inputs are are appreciated

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Welcome to the forum, hit up some hemi shops. You can call Stu at Inertia about one or Denny at Sharadon to see if they have a lead for that part. I wonder if the wiring is corroreded, 3rd gens mess up from time to time in the wiring dept not 100% with the 4th gens.