Ram 2500 loss of power and fuel efficiency

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Id be changing my pcv my air filter if your over 60k miles or 100k km your plugsmake sure your obvious stuff is done first a clogged air filter will screw up milage and a emission test when i use to work as a mechanic in ontario where the e test these were always the first things to check and 90% of the time the problem also if you have a laser temp check both sides of your cat it should be hotter on the outlet side if its not and you dont feel good flow out the tail pipe id be checking that too

OP
OP
E

eric.smith7304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Problem solved, I placed the #8 intake lifter rod in a oil hole instead of on the lifter. Truck runs like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatLandRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Quick question. Did you have any ticking noises ? Just curious as I have the same truck but a 2014 and it has a ticking noise at certain rpms while underload.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I haven't got loki out yet

brasso

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine is doing the exact same thing and I can't figure out what's going on

OP
OP
E

eric.smith7304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Quick question. Did you have any ticking noises ? Just curious as I have the same truck but a 2014 and it has a ticking noise at certain rpms while underload.

I don't remember any ticking noises, it sounded normal and only indication was the power loss and fuel consumption.

OP
OP
E

eric.smith7304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine is doing the exact same thing and I can't figure out what's going on

Remove the lifter covers and run the engine. If it is a bad cam you should be able to see a difference in how high a lifter is pushing the rockers up, depending on how bad it is.