RamForum Exhaust 4th Gen Clips and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So many nice videos on here. Makes me want to do something to my exhaust now. Only 2500 miles on my 2014 Express 1500 but I want a meaner sound but I am also kind of strapped for cash. Can anyone reccomend a muffler swap that is literally "plug & play" besides the mufflex. I like the 14" mufflex but can't bring myself to spend that yet. I have been looking at the Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers but they seem much shorther than my stock muffler so I am unsure if I can install it myself if I order one. Any help would be great thanks guys and keep the awesome vids coming hopefully I can put one up soon if I figure this out lol

kschaefer426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
So many nice videos on here. Makes me want to do something to my exhaust now. Only 2500 miles on my 2014 Express 1500 but I want a meaner sound but I am also kind of strapped for cash. Can anyone reccomend a muffler swap that is literally "plug & play" besides the mufflex. I like the 14" mufflex but can't bring myself to spend that yet. I have been looking at the Flowmaster Super 44 mufflers but they seem much shorther than my stock muffler so I am unsure if I can install it myself if I order one. Any help would be great thanks guys and keep the awesome vids coming hopefully I can put one up soon if I figure this out lol

what i did was bought the 14" magnaflow cuz it had the sound i liked the best from the vids and then i took it to the local shop and they welded it in. $100 or so for the muffler and $60 in labor it seemed way better for me then spending the 600-800 on a cat back kit...the muffler is shorter so at the shop they just welded on a couple extra pieces of tubing to connect to the existing pipe

QuickSilver11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Just go to a muffler shop that'll do a custom job I got a true dual 40 series put in for $400

Sent from your device using a NSA hacking device.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's no aftermarket muffler you can install that will be a direct bolt on, unless you go with the Mufflex system. So any other muffler setup you decide to get will need extra pipe to be welded on. That'll still be cheaper than buying the full catback.

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys, I think I am going to hold off for now and just wait until I have the money for the Mufflex 14", after watching youtube videos and reading post on here I think that is the one I want. Now to find a shop here in Abilene that can powdercoat my tips black so I can finish my chrome removal and be completely "blacked out"

QuickSilver11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got my 40s swapped for maggy 14" and had an x pipe put in all for $275 I like how the 40s sound but I got a little bit more torque on the bottom end now.

Sent from your device using a NSA hacking device.

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I haven't read through all these so this may have been asked already if so sorry. Has any one noticed a HP gain or MPG gain my changing out the exhaust, also would it be better to take the resonators off or leave them on?

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't read through all these so this may have been asked already if so sorry. Has any one noticed a HP gain or MPG gain my changing out the exhaust, also would it be better to take the resonators off or leave them on?
I did the 18" Boeschbuilt for the sound.

Jdperry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To anyone that bought the mufflex exhaust systems, are they sold as sets or do you have to order 2?

axemann030773

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
stupid computer almost pissed me off
so used to phone
DD i want a powerwagon for your first excursion:favorites13:

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
There's no aftermarket muffler you can install that will be a direct bolt on, unless you go with the Mufflex system. So any other muffler setup you decide to get will need extra pipe to be welded on. That'll still be cheaper than buying the full catback.

There is quite a few company's that sell a direct muffler swap. Flowmaster has a direct bolt on 50 series, pypes has one in there violater muffler series, and solo performance sells one. There is probably more but best bang for your buck in my opinion is the mufflex (just under 300) or pypes ($190 on jegs) the Flowmaster and solo are both mid $300s for there bolt in mufflers. Been trying to design mine for weeks I normal build about 4 or 5 kits before I get it right. Once I build one I'll post it.

Darkflow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that's cool that other companies now make direct swaps. I forget Solo makes a system for our trucks and I don't ever look at Flowmaster or Pypes. So I never would have known they made anything. But i see these swaps as pointless with ****** 2.25" tail pipes.

I plan on changing up my entire system. When I did my exhaust. I had no clue the tail pipes were only 2.25". Had I known I would have changed out the entire thing. I'm just waiting on JBA to release their Y pipes for the longtubes. So I can design from there.

Last edited:

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Well that's cool that other companies now make direct swaps. I forget Solo makes a system for our trucks and I don't ever look at Flowmaster or Pypes. So I never would have known they made anything. But i see these swaps as pointless with ****** 2.25" tail pipes.

I plan on changing up my entire system. When I did my exhaust. I had no clue the tail pipes were only 2.25". Had I known I would have changed out the entire thing. I'm just waiting on JBA to release their Y pipes for the longtubes. So I can design from there.

What's wrong with the 2.25 tail pipes? I see everyone immediately switches to 2.5, (I have done it I get the first impression) Witch after the 3 in pipe make no differences. I have seen true dual 2.5 systems hurt the tq on these trucks. The hemi thrives with some back pressure. If your running 50 hp over stock yeah it's time to open it up a little bit but the 2.25 tail pipes can actually flow more than 11% better than the single 3in pipe. The volume of a 2.25 by 12 in pipe is 47.71 cubic inches making the total volume 95.42. Now the single 3in pipe volume is 84.82 in a 12 in cylinder making the difference in volume 11.7%. The size of the tubing doesn't bother me 1 bit as I'm not going to be doing any performance mods, but a true dual 2.25 setup would be a improvement over the single 3in pipe. The worst part of our system is the factory y pipe. And just because the volume of a single 2.5 pipe is 58.9 creating a total of volume 117.8 cubic inches a 32.5% increase over stock. For a stock or even mildly modified engine that's to much of a increase to be beneficial. That's just my personal opinion. I have built 5 or 6 systems for these 5.7l's and the one that seems to do the best is opening up the y pipe and replace the crushed pipe under the transmission, leave the 3in pipe and replace with a better flowing muffler. That has picked up the best throttle response, although I haven't done dual 2.25 but the 2 dual 2.5s I did lost throttle response.

Last edited: