Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 4th Gen : 2009 - Present > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance

RamForum Exhaust 4th Gen Clips and Vids

This is a discussion on RamForum Exhaust 4th Gen Clips and Vids within the Engine & Performance forums, part of the 4th Gen : 2009 - Present category!
Can you post of pic of underneath your truck with this setup. Originally Posted by TNReb New guy here. I ...

Like Tree147Likes

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #391 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2017
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Can you post of pic of underneath your truck with this setup.

Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
New guy here. I just thought I'd post a clip of my new muffler at startup in case it helps anyone else make up their mind. I appreciate all of the others who have done the same - lots of good information here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2J43Sa6Yec

Borla Pro XS muffler (40349) - everything else is stock. 2016 5.7.

To me, this is perfect. I didn't want anything too loud or with lots of drone. I have young kids, and I know my wife wouldn't care for a constant roar either. This muffler is just enough to give it some deeper undertones without being a constant headache. It's barely louder than stock at cruising speeds.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
thekevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #392 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2011
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Originally Posted by mpicc84 View Post
Does anyone have an exhaust that crackles when letting off? I love that damn sound, almost like theres left over fuel burning off when letting off the gas. But I haven't heard a Ram Hemi do it yet.
Originally Posted by nomercy346 View Post
sometimes it does when you're feathering the pedal while the 8spd does it's engine braking thing.

overall I don't hear a lot of crackling, though.
They are "programmed" not to do it, for emissions reasons unfortunately. I have wondered if it's due to the slow speed of the throttle valve when it closes, but it could also be something in the stock PCM. Same reason the revs "hang" when you rev it at a standstill.

I do wonder if the Pedal Commander bolt on would speed up the closure rate somewhat but no one who has one has commented that this is the case.

A while ago someone on a Challenger forum stated that they had asked one of the tuners to see if there was something they could do about it, and the response was that it's not a parameter that they could currently change.
OutLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #393 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2014
Engine: 5.7
Originally Posted by OutLore View Post
They are "programmed" not to do it, for emissions reasons unfortunately. I have wondered if it's due to the slow speed of the throttle valve when it closes, but it could also be something in the stock PCM. Same reason the revs "hang" when you rev it at a standstill.

I do wonder if the Pedal Commander bolt on would speed up the closure rate somewhat but no one who has one has commented that this is the case.

A while ago someone on a Challenger forum stated that they had asked one of the tuners to see if there was something they could do about it, and the response was that it's not a parameter that they could currently change.
Well this really ruins a bunch for me... I really like that sound and I imagine the Challenger guys do too haha. Going to have to check up on that pedal commander stuff.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

- Tint Matched | Gator Bed Cover | 42" Curved LED Bar in Bumper | 2.5" Rough Country Lift | Jensen VX7022 | Flowmaster Super 40 | 2" Cubes Under Rear Bumper | Black Badges | Bed Lights | Overhead Console Add-on -
mpicc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:57 PM   #394 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2016
Black Widow 250, with resonators
https://youtu.be/IS8JMpwJ_3k

Black Widow 300, with resonators
https://youtu.be/o1pWzIfxysk

Black Widow without resonators and front Y pipe upgrade
https://youtu.be/Gt_jeG0hxHg

https://youtu.be/HMlIJV4bCBQ

Sent from my iPhone 7+
768mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:17 PM   #395 (permalink)

Great resource thanks everyone.

The Mufflex 18" will work for me, unless someone else has experienced it as well as some other manufacturer / vendor who produces something very similar...for less money!

To my door its over 500 frick'in bucks...for a Magnaflow muffler now less with some SS tubing :^(

Anyone have one they wish to sell?
Hemissary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:58 PM   #396 (permalink)

Supporting Member

Ram Year: 11
Engine: 5.7 with over 187,000 MILES
Shucks I'm selling my full Borla catback SS exhaust for $500 plus shipping.

F.O.F

RetroShop led foglights, RetroShop headlights,oem Mopar grill, oem clearance lights,EGR roof spoiler,Undercover tonneau cover,DeeZee assist tailgate shock,Rigid bumper pod lights,Corsa 14405BLK Catback exhaust,Bilstein shocks,Toyo Open Country AT2 tires, Reproduction wheels, Pedal Commander,CompuStar remote start.
DRkNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:59 PM   #397 (permalink)

Engine: 5.7 HEMI
ok Question for all you.... sorry im a newb to this truck and still learning. But I have a 2017 with 5.7 and want to hear my exhaust note a little better. Do our trucks have true duals or is it 1 muffler split into 2 pipes out the back. Also I have 2 borla Stinger mufflers laying around that i was going to use on another project but i want to use these on my Ram now. Would it be possible to just cut the old muffler out and weld in one of my borla stingers or cut the old muffler out and install both borla stingers to run true duals? And if do run true duals do i need anything else to make it work example, Xpipe or ypipe.... or just weld in both and we are good to go. Just to let you all know the borla stingers are 1 in and 1 out glasspack type muffler i Believe.

Last question is anyone running Borla stingers on their ram? If so how do you like it.
Chief_6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #398 (permalink)

Engine: 5.7 Hemi
I'm running a borla 3 in in and dual 2.5 out. Mine was 1 muffler with 1 in and 2 out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whetrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #399 (permalink)

Engine: 5.7 Hemi
My Borla sounds great with little to no cabin drone.

whetrick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #400 (permalink)

Engine: 5.7 HEMI
Originally Posted by whetrick1 View Post
I'm running a borla 3 in in and dual 2.5 out. Mine was 1 muffler with 1 in and 2 out.

I just don't know if it would be beneficial to run 2 borlas for true duals with maybe an x pipe or just 1 borla and since the borla stinger I have is 1 in and 1 out I would need a Ypipe after to adapt the the 2 pipes going over the axle.

Bump for more info on my questions here and above
Chief_6.7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009 dodge ram exhaust, 2010 dodge ram exhaust, 2011 dodge ram exhaust, 2012 dodge ram exhaust, 4th gen ram exhaust, ram exhaust options