Rattle on hard acceleration only when truck is in gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

merlin3606

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone I have done numerous searches and can not find what I was looking for. I have a 2012 ram 1500 Quad cab And under hard acceleration I hear what sounds like a metal rattling coming from either behind the lower glove box or in the engine bay haven't been able to figure it out yet. I went under the truck to move the heatshield off the firewall and under the passenger side seat thinking it was that and it doesn't seem to help it still is rattling under wot. It doesn't do it if the car is in park or neutral it only does it if the car is in drive. I have an S@b cold air intake on and stock exhaust. Thanks for your help in advance.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Is the Cold air intake on tight or can you wiggle it? Did it happen before you installed the intake?

OP
OP
merlin3606

merlin3606

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It did not do it prior to having it but have had it installed for about 3 months now and it just started doing it during the hurricane last week. I will have to recheck the intake when it stops snowing here. Thank you

OP
OP
merlin3606

merlin3606

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fixed it it was the bolt holding the bottom part of the intake to the fender. The bolt must of loosened and the whole thing was rattling under WOT.