Rattling from engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012-6.7owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey guys,
I have a question, there's this rattling noise coming from the front of my engine that sounds like a pulley bearing or tensioner is going out and it just keeps getting louder and louder. I've looked it over time and time again but I can't see any visible sign of issues anywhere on the pulleys or front of engine.
Have any of you guys had similar issues or heard of stories like this? I could really use some help!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins diesel
Engine
Hey guys,

I have a question, there's this rattling noise coming from the front of my engine that sounds like a pulley bearing or tensioner is going out and it just keeps getting louder and louder. I've looked it over time and time again but I can't see any visible sign of issues anywhere on the pulleys or front of engine.

Have any of you guys had similar issues or heard of stories like this? I could really use some help!

Yes mine make a noise also they say it an easy fix !❤️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Take the belt off and spin each pulley by hand, you'll be able to feel the bad one.

OP
OP

2012-6.7owner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks guys I took the belt off and checked, turns out my tensioner and idler were going out. Hope that fixes the problem!!