Rear axle lsd swap and new gears.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rear end rebuild and re gear time.

Okay I've got a couple questions about gears for y'all. 2010 1500 hemi. My spider blew apart on me about a month ago. So I'm gonna go ahead and swap out the open rear for a lsd.

What gears are you guy running? I was looking to upgrade to a 4:10 ratio. And I know I've also got to re gear the front. But summit only offers a 4:11 upgrade on the 8" front diff

Is there if any difference between a 4:10-4:11? Am I going to run into any issues when it comes to doing the front axle? I know I'm gonna need new half shafts and I know that when I tried to do them over the winter last year the half shaft pulled the little stub shaft out of the differential with them. Anyone else run into that problem?

I'm not running crazy sized tires but I do want to run a 35 without losing a bunch of power and mileage like I would with my stock 3:55 gears.

Any suggestions on what brands to stay away from? I'm not trying to break the bank completely which isn't going to be easy. I am doing the work myself to save some coin and I'm also only doing the rear at this time just so I don't have a car note on a lawn ornament. (It does look good) lol but I'm itching to drive her.

Like I said I'm only doing the rear just to get it back on the road for now. Any kind of cons doing t that way? Other than I cannot use 4wd which I don't need right now anyways.

I'm gonna be running straight Lucas oil in the differential also. I love the stuff always done good for me.

Suggest away on pinion ratios to go with I just know that I've had 4:10 in the past and loved them. Let me know what you guys think.

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are no issues running 4.10 vs 4.11's.

Can't go wrong with yukon. USA standard is their discount brand IIRC.

If you lucas dino oil does't have the LSD additive, don't forget it.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run 4.10s on stockish 33s. I always say this is the ratio that all the 545RFE transmissions should have had behind them.

If l was going to run 35" tires, l would seriously consider 4.56s.

Call Matt at Moe's. He has all the answers. Thats where l got all my gear change parts. Matt's fine parts, and a good mechanic made my regear turn out perfect. Best mod there is. Gear change on my 11 was relatively straight forward.

And, yes, do the LSD while you're at it. Again, Matt at Moe's will have all the info and parts you will need.

SRR007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Blew my Yukon lsd in less than 1000mi but not stock hp. Shattered the spider gears.