Rear locker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhornet15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone. On my old truck, I had a Detroit truetrac and loved that thing. No one tire fires, both wheels a turning when I got on it. Is there something like this for my ram 1500 2015? Has anyone done this on theirs? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had a Detroit truetrac on my old 2nd gen Ram too; they are awesome. I assume they make a truetrac for newer Rams, but the factory limited slip rear end in mine has been doing the job fine so far.

hemi_loredo03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe that the trucks all have the same rear ends throughout all the years. You can still run the same Detroit TruTrac on your 2015 as you did on your old truck. Check out moesperformance.com that's where I got mine from. Matt will get you squared away real quick.

WillO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try the Yukon dura they make one for the 2011 up

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 2011+ trucks are supposedly different than the old Chrysler 9.25. Chrysler, Auburn, and Yukon make limited slips that fit. Can't find any real lockers.

OP
OP
R

ramhornet15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
have you used the yukon? It wasn't very popular with my old truck and the others who purchased one

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You can't put a True Trac in a 2011 and up diff with-out changing the gears and carrier to the older style carrier and you need one new axle. Do a search on here and you'll find a couple threads on what's involved to put a true trac in the later housing. Only Auburn and the OEM limited slip are actual drop in replacements in the newer ZF diffs.

OP
OP
R

ramhornet15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can't put a True Trac in a 2011 and up diff with-out changing the gears and carrier to the older style carrier and you need one new axle. Do a search on here and you'll find a couple threads on what's involved to put a true trac in the later housing. Only Auburn and the OEM limited slip are actual drop in replacements in the newer ZF diffs.

Thanks for that information.
Any thought in the oem limited slip?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks for that information.
Any thought in the oem limited slip?

They don't like water box burn-outs / Drag Radials and nitrous,lol.Both me a buddy have cooked the stock limited slips at the track,and we're both biting the bullet on the high dollar swap to a True Trac.Mine made it to 20,000 miles before burning up the clutches.It all depends on how hard you plan to abuse the truck,if it's a daily driver and you only need limited slip every once in awhile,the stock limited is up to the job easily,and will last the life of the truck. It's only if you start putting some power through it and really working it hard that it'll give you trouble

OP
OP
R

ramhornet15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it is for a daily driver. I don't drag race, except for the occasional red light. I just liked the idea of both wheels going at once. It kept the slip from activating, so the truck never choked out. That is what i am hoping for again. I am not sure if it will have the same effect on the 15 as it did on my 07 Titan. Here is to hope.
thanks again for the information!

They don't like water box burn-outs / Drag Radials and nitrous,lol.Both me a buddy have cooked the stock limited slips at the track,and we're both biting the bullet on the high dollar swap to a True Trac.Mine made it to 20,000 miles before burning up the clutches.It all depends on how hard you plan to abuse the truck,if it's a daily driver and you only need limited slip every once in awhile,the stock limited is up to the job easily,and will last the life of the truck. It's only if you start putting some power through it and really working it hard that it'll give you trouble

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

New differential in mine this summer. Blew apart the day after my last trip to the strip.