Redline engine oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I personally have been using Pennzoil mostly for the last couple years based on UOA I have seen. I do indeed like Valvoline as it seems to do well with resisting blow by and oil usage. I have been using 5w-20 pup on this oil change and my Ram has made 3 qts disappear in 7K. I have 5w-30 pup and RP filter ready when I get home from vacation. I am hoping the oil disappearing can attributed to the thin 5w-20. I used to use 0W-20 regularly when I ran Valvoline Syn. If you want to go 10k get a premium filter and a premium oil.

Reaper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amazon dude, I prime my redline in by the case....and a royal purple filter. Sometimes I can get the filters at Orielly's or Autozone cheaper if their running a sale.

dthaggard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like Im late to the party here but wanted to add my 2 cents....Did my first oil change (since Ive owned it anyway) over the weekend - had the tick - now I dont...buttery smooth and can feel the difference fo sho...Used Redline 5w20 with a Royal Purple 10-48 filter. This combo will now be my setup from now until......However - Ive been watching my oil pressure and it seems to be acting a little differently after the change - so far nobody has given me good answers. Im in the 40s at start up - get into mid to high 50s on acceleration - its acting like Im low on oil (at least how it was acting when I was a quart low a few weeks ago)....Just a curiosity - and I too am **** about this stuff like others on here - only reason its even a 'thing' is this is the first time I have ever used Redline - and its not API approved.:favorites13:

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I would just keep a eye on it, I run Redline 5w30 and a Royal Purple filter in mine so I cant say about the oil pressure.