Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dksob81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie (Sport Appearance Package), I traded in my 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie. I just bought it this past Friday, anyway... Saturday I came out to remote start the truck (push the button 2x) and nothing, did it again and it started, I got in the truck hit the brake and the truck shut off - which was kind of weird bc I know it doesn't do that, I know it stays running until you push the button even with your foot on the brake, so i hit the button and it says NO FOB detected - that explains that. I check my pocket to make sure I have my keys and push again, same thing. Pull the keys out of my pocket and try again - NO FOB DETECTED. Hmmm, try it again and it worked. Thought, well that was weird...... Thats the only time I have had that issue but now it's like 70% of the time the remote start doesn't respond (no lights, honks, nothing). If I press the button a 3rd time, it starts up. What gives?????

I never had any issues with my 2012

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you have your phone in the same pocket as your fob. Mine won't lock or unlock with them in the same pocket.

OP
OP
D

dksob81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, i had another issue. I drove 300 miles to get this truck. From Sharon, Pa - Scranton, Pa. Then afterwards we went skiing for the weekend in Clymer, Ny. On the way from Scranton to Clymer I kept getting an error message, well a warning beep but when I would look at the info center there was nothing there. This happened probably 4-5 times before I bought the message - PARKING LAMP OUT and it continued probably 15 times during that trip. Didn't care at the moment because it was snowing pretty bad. Got to the hotel and went to move my truck around to unload and thats when the remote start issue started and when walking to the truck i noticed the Left Rear taillight wasn't working. but by the time I pulled up to the hotel it was working. Next morning went to Erie, Pa and got the message again, i pulled over to double check and sure enough the LR Tail was out. Went to autozone to get some Torx bits to pull the lens and see if there was a loose connection. Everything was fine and of course this lens is an LED Assembly so the bulbs aren't serviceable. Plugged everything back in and the light was still not working, drove down the road and the message went away and I have not had that issue since.

OP
OP
D

dksob81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, my phone was in my back pocket when i tried to remote start, I keep my keys in my RF Pocket and my phone in my LR Pocket, Wallet in my RR Pocket. but when i got the NO FOB message it was on the dash

OP
OP
D

dksob81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the last 2 days, I have been pressing the button 3x and it has been starting every time.

RWW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Minivan Motor
I would take it back to the dealer and let them know what's going on. Nothing like problems with a brand new truck, especially something that sounds like it could be possibly electrical.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've had to hit my start button 3 times. I think it's because I didn't push it hard enough one of the times.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would try a battery in the fob, if that doesn't change anything head to the dealer and let them look at it.

Bagger16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am going through a very similar problem with my 16 sport and mine does start but stalls immediately afterwards intermittently and I really think it has something to do with not recognizing the fobs and turning into a security issue and have been to the dealer 2 times and no codes or engine lights so they are stumped..please keep us posted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01