Resetting the PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

holdstill79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know which harness under the hood to unplug to reset it? I just installed my Vararam today (THANKS MOE'S!) Unplugged the negative from battery for 20 min. Now my Radio (uconnect 5.0) the Sirius is froze and won't change channels and my presets disappeared. Only the Satellite. FM is fine and it held all my settings, even my BT. All my past Dodges I would reset the battery at least once a month to "wake up" the sagging and lazy transmission. Any help?!?!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd leave the cable off for a couple of hours then it will let most of the residual voltage in the system draw down completely.

OP
OP
holdstill79

holdstill79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind off **** ass response is that. If you don't want to chime in with something helpful, keep the ******** to yourself.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You can do that its not a smart ass remark you can just leave it off for hours or you can touch then and it gives the positive charge in the system to quickly ground out

OP
OP
holdstill79

holdstill79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like on the 13 the PCM is on pass side firewall. Has no one unplugged the harnesses from it? I only ask this because the two time I have disconnected the battery the damn radio is on the fritz for a few days afterwards

Swezey23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What kind off **** ass response is that. If you don't want to chime in with something helpful, keep the ******** to yourself.

That's the kinda ******* response you get when someone posted the correct way to do something.

Won't be the only one you see if you last long on here. So get the **** over.

I think Holdstill79 misunderstood.

When I first read that I was like WHAT!! (thinking of jumper cables, you don't do that)

Then after I realized what he meant.

I thought he was just being funny at first, but yeah it didn't call for a response like Holdstill79 did.

If he understood correctly the first time. just ignore my post.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
holdstill79, how about apologizing to blackout11 for the little tantrum... he was just trying to help.

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
holdstill79. It's obvious you misunderstood the respose from blackout11. While i know you are trying to find an answer there was no need to lash out at blackout11 like that. As you can see the other members backed him up. That is because we strive to keep this a drama free forum, and we have members that have really embraced that concept.

now, i do know that there have been issues with the uconnect and and radios on the 2013's. Maybe what you are doing is not the wrong procedure to reset the computer, Maybe its an issue with the uconnect.

ShortBed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with Magnuson Supercharger 6lbs of boost
Holdstill79 I think all the members here on this site are only trying to help. I don't think blackout11 didn't deserve the response that you gave him. I cannot tell you how frustrated I am with my truck right now. I have been waiting my ECM to get reflashed back to original for over 2 weeks now and I am ready to kick my guy in the jimmies cause I'm so pissed off. I know that I wouldn't take it out on any of the members here so maybe just tone it down a little. Just my opinion.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
its all good man.