Resetting the PCM on a 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What, if any, are the benefits of resetting the PCM on a 2010 1500?

Are there any disadvantages?

When I installed my CAI and my catch can I disconnected the Negative battery terminal each time. Once the mods were complete I hooked it back up. I never actually went through the steps to reset the PCM though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You reset the pcm to reset your fuel trims. Since you are adding more air with the cai you want to reset those, otherwise it takes longer to see a benefit to your mod. Un hooking the battery for a half or or so is all it takes to reset it, so you already have.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
You need a tuner.

You can reset things by disconnecting the battery, but it relearns the timing and such depending how you drive.

Doesn't matter what you do, you have to re-map the ECM to see the true benefit of your mods. Otherwise it'll go back to the stock setting, because that where it's been told to be.

You might see some short term benefit, but eventually it'll go away as the ECM dials back in. Usually with-in 50 to 150 miles of driving.

Guys have been pulling the #2 fuse under the hood in the Challengers to reset the adaptive learning curve of the ECM for years.

You can drive it as is. The CAI looks great and make it sound better. It's part of a bigger puzzle to power as your modding continues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dyadeta