S&B intake gap.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does everybody's do this?...was swapping out my filter and noticed it.

My filter seemed wayyy dirtier than usual...any ideas to remedy?

I was just thinking about putting some thin foam around the whole perimeter under the clear lid.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 82

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Damn. I'd foam underneath it with some closed cell weather stripping. That's the only issue I see with only bolting the 4 corners..

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wouldn't stress on it man. That little gap isn't going to make a difference in anything. Mine has a similar gap, little smaller. No issues caused by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That tiny gap is not letting in enough air/dirt to cause you filter to get dirty any sooner. Like said, you can put some weatherstripping under the plexi though if you want an air tight seal.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
leave it, it has probably been like that since install.

J3FF3RSON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Even if you ran a wide open filter, with its location, you're not going to see much of a difference in filth, unless you start crashing into mud puddles - then you have much more to worry about than a dirty filter.

That being said, the small hole in the top of your box doest allow for additional elemental exposure - not from tires, rain, or anything else.

If the whole was past the filter, that would be a different conversation entirely.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rubber tape around the edges would not be a negative though... I will probably do it eventually.

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has that same issue.

It doesn't let in any more air/dirt than the open end on the lower arm section.

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did around the edges of mine with self stick padded weather tape can't even tell its there under the plexi. Sealed it up pretty good but like others said not an issue leaving it.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I used some closed cell foam that I had left over from sound treating my doors/panels on mine all the way around the lid to seal it up.

I still have a really annoying rattle coming from it that I haven't been able to get rid of no matter I do to the airbox/mounts (I've got all sorts of foam and rubber isolators going on in there). I might just swap it out for a Vararam at some point even though I really do like having the dry filter w/wrap for some of the dusty back roads I take it down when I'm out visiting family. I'm horribly OCD about rattles even though you can only hear it when the truck is going slow with the radio off over speed bumps/crap roads. I know for a fact is my S&B since its gone if I put the OEM intake back on the truck. /end tangential rant