S&B or Vararam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

redsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 Ecoboost
Ordered the S&B last night, can't wait for it to get here and get it installed. Called the local dyno shop, will probably do some runs in the next month, going to try stock (well w Magnaflow muffler on), the SC 91 tune, and 91 w/ S&B just to see what I come up with. Want a baseline and would like to see what these mods add to the truck as I go along.

OP
OP
R

redsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 Ecoboost
The S&B showed up today, haven't installed it yet but the parts look very well constructed. Looking forward to getting it installed and see if there's any noticeable difference. Oh and a big thanks to Matt, look forward to doing more business with you.

moparbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
Ok, as i understand it, the vararam seals to the under side of the hood. My question is: is the under side of the standard hood the same as the underside of the sport performance hood? If they are different, does vararam make a different part number to seal to the underside of the sport performance hood?

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
THAT is a very good question, and probably best answered by S&B directly.
I bet there are a few guys around here who would appreciate knowing S&Bs response though!

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, as i understand it, the vararam seals to the under side of the hood. My question is: is the under side of the standard hood the same as the underside of the sport performance hood? If they are different, does vararam make a different part number to seal to the underside of the sport performance hood?

if i'm not mistaken, the OEM sport hoods are not functional, just for looks, so the underside of the hood should be the same i think. an aftermarket hood though would be a different story. there are some functional aftermarket hoods out there.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi

I dont know how I missed your post earlier. Vararam actually used a truck with a sport performance hood when they designed this intake, so it will still seal up against this hood. We have many happy customers running this exact setup.

moparbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
I dont know how I missed your post earlier. Vararam actually used a truck with a sport performance hood when they designed this intake, so it will still seal up against this hood. We have many happy customers running this exact setup.

Ok, then the only difference then must be the outer skin on the hoods. Good to know, thanks. Looks like Vararam has been moved to the top of my CAI list.