SCT X4 thoughts....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HalleBerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Has anyone bought one of these? Not interested in custom tunes or sending emails... yet! Unless I can be convinced otherwise it seems as if this tuner can put you at the 30 extra hp similar to hemifever and Jay Greene.
Flyin Ryan offers a custom tune with SCT and HPtuners as well if need be.
I realize talk about tuners is and has been on every thread with the exception of SCT. I'm about to change that by taking a chance.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
You arent going to get 30hp/tq to the wheels with a canned tune from any of the tuning manufacturers. Flyin Ryan and Hemifever Both tune with SCT, but Hemifever still prefers Diablo over SCT. I would go with Diablo myself as there are more experienced Hemi custom tuners available with that platform than you get with SCT.

Flyinryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
As Matt stated, the canned tunes are not going to give the same gains as even a base tune from any of the typical tuners for these trucks.

My canned tune resulted in a 25 whp/35 wtq gain from 4200-6200 (can't dyno lower with the 8 spd). Gains will be comparable on the earlier trucks.