Is this a shutter shift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Ok I'm running hemi fever tune and my second shift makes a weird noise under heavier throttle. Am I just being paranoid? Almost sounds like a woosh. Here is the link to the vid and you have to have your sound up fairly high to hear it. I sent the vid to Sean tonight. Obviously he hasn't had the chance to respond so I'm not bashing him. Seans been super helpful. Just wanting a census on if I should be concerned. 14 6.4 ram 2500.

https://youtu.be/9Sw0fIShpTc

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've listened to your video maybe 40 times. Watched it plenty more. Didn't hear anything out of normal under load. RPM's seem strong with no fluctuations in or out through gear change. Ultimately, you know your truck best, but remember sounds, and normalized performance change with each mod made. For me, my first thought was short runner switching.

OP
OP
U

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yeah it's hard to hear in the video. It's like a rasp. Sean got back with me and gonna try a new tune today adding back some torque management to see if it goes away.

OP
OP
U

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Sean from hemifever got it all worked out. Something to do with torque management :).