Single to dual exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it's a new day and a new attitude. I'm pretty sure that my rear bumper will need to be replaced. I have the single exhaust so this would be the perfect opportunity to upgrade to the factory dual exhaust bumper. My question is if I can just order an aftermarket cat back dual exhaust that replaces the factory dual exhaust. I'm just not sure if all of the brackets are on mine. I also don't know if the cat is the same or in the same place. I would assUme it's the same, but you know where that gets you. Has anyone done this already?

Texasez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I looked on mine and it looked like the hangers were all there for the dual. I just didn't want to buy a bumper and exhaust.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I did this on my last truck. All you'll need is the rubber hanger for the drivers side.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

OP
OP
blrmkrl83

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was looking at the Mufflex kit and was wondering if the pipe from the converter to the muffler is the same on single and dual exhaust. I'm not as concerned about performance as I am about price, sound, and having the look of the dual exhaust. Hopefully someone can answer that for me or maybe has a picture of the undercarriage of a truck with duals.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It's the same. I started with a used sport exhaust then added a mufflex. To be completely honest, I wouldn't waste the money on a mufflex. It's over priced. you can pick up a magnaflow cat back for around 500. Or for around a 100 bucks pick up a magnaflow muffler and for probably 150 or so have a shop install and bend the dual pipes

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

OP
OP
blrmkrl83

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Once again thank you for the info. Here is the Mufflex kit I was looking at:
Dual Exhaust Mellow - Mufflex Performance Store
It says on a scale of 1 to 10 for loudness the factory is a 2 and this kit is a 4. The next up is a 7. I'm worried that will be too loud. I have the homemade CAI and like hearing that when I get on it. I would just like to have a little sound from the exhaust as well.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The big question here is what do you plan to do for exhaust tips? If you get the dual exhaust bumper, tips can be very expensive. If you like the 5" tips that come in the Magnaflow catback system, then I would definitely go that route. 5" tips, plus adapters, plus welding are going to run you upwards of $250. These are included in the catback and are completely bolton.

OP
OP
blrmkrl83

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ohhhh I get it. I was thinking that kit was for the muffler on back, not just a replacement for the muffler. I wondered why it was so cheap. I'm not sure about 5" tips. I don't think I could swing the $700+ for the Magnaflow cat back. I found this kit from MBRP for $564.99 at an online parts place MBRP Performance Exhaust Is this something you would be able to get at something close to that price? I'm thinking I might just have to wait a while before I get the exhaust, and it's all depends on if the insurance company will replace the bumper or if they'll just want it repaired.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Completely understand. If you are more interested in sound and appearance, then the MBRP kit is actually pretty nice. We can also get you the kit that you linked to for $550 shipped ;). I will work on getting the MBRP kits added to the site.

OP
OP
blrmkrl83

blrmkrl83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are the man. That is a good price and I will be ordering from you as soon as I can. They also have an aluminized steel kit. I'm planning on keeping the truck another 6-7 years. Do you think it would hold up to the snowy winters?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963