Single exhaust 5.7 exhaust inlet outlet size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Northshoremb

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a Outdoorsman with single exhaust and can't find anywhere what diameter the inlet and outlet is on my exhaust. Want to get a Spintech 6000 or 9000 and pouring rain out so don't feel like laying on the wet driveway to measure. I know it says the 9000 is more aggressive then the 6000 but is it that much louder? Don't wanna get the 6000 if it's only a little better then stock or is it still night and day from stock?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

chiefman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
on my dual the 6000 is night and day from stock under load, cruising is about the same as stock.

OP
OP
N

Northshoremb

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well think I'll grab a 6000 then. So would I install it under the rear passenger seat or behind axle? I see there's 2 huge looking mufflers so which one is the resonator and should I remove the resonator?

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Well think I'll grab a 6000 then. So would I install it under the rear passenger seat or behind axle? I see there's 2 huge looking mufflers so which one is the resonator and should I remove the resonator?

The resonator is behind the axle the muffler will start under the cab and end under the front of the bed. To confirm single exhaust is 3in inlet and outlet. I recommend leaving the resonator and drive it for a while if it's not loud enough remove the resonator but test it first before committing I think the resonators help with the over bearing MDS but that's just my personal preference.

chiefman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

not sure of the single exhaust but the muffler should easily stand out compared to the resonator. If you have MDS you are probably going to want to disable it by using your manual gear selector and put it to 8 after starting the truck after putting on the spintech. When MDS kicks in it sounds like crap, IMO. When off it sounds amazing, just something to consider before you purchase. I just bought the muffler from spintech and had a guy weld it in.

1morepart

2019 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi 3.92’s
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just cut the muffler out and leave the resonator. http://youtu.be/L8ylYUpNgkU