Sonnax Smart Tech Overdrive Clutch Housing Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all need advice on a Sonnax Smart Tech Overdrive Clutch Housing Kit. My trans is being rebuilt as 4, 5 and 6 are all slipping. My guy feels it's the overdrive clutch parts causing the issues. He has quoted me at 2350 for the whole 24k warrantied rebuild including fluid, sensors, trans go shift kit, the works so I don't think he is trying to sell me extra like the 3500-4000 quotes. He likes these Sonnax kits as this is one of the problem weak areas in these terrible Ram RFE trannies especially with more power which I def have. He said around 600 for this upgrade. Any experience?

Sonnax Smart-Tech® Overdrive Clutch Housing Kit - 72960-06K

And any advice to get my original backup tune restored? IT says failed every time.

OP
OP
jlpowell84

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
no one?

This forum dead?

@Moesperformance ?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You're correct about the trans being the weak spot. Many many people have had problems with them once they start to mod their truck. There are not many successful rebuilders available to rebuild these trans so they last. If you have found one you trust you're really lucky. I have no information on your Sonnax--sorry.
Jay