Spark plug help!!! Plug stuck in Head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it's 57.8k on the dot. So doing oil change and plugs... What are the gap on the plugs? I bought the plugs at the dealer ship...
These plugs were either done at 30k or original, can't tell... But here the difference... f2d388375eb61f891dc6fb2027c83378.jpg
Doesn't look warn at all... Should I do all 8 or just put them back in and return the plugs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
From my understanding the 4.7, 2008+ should have 16 like the hemi 8 on top 8 and on the side. The top plugs are recommended every 30k and are copper and the side plugs are 100k platinum. Hope this helps.

Also those plugs do look in good shape how long have you had the truck?

Edit: upper bank .040 lower bank .051 on the gap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, well I bought the truck at 43 and pulled one and it looked like the one in the pic, not sure if they were done at 30 or not so just doing them.. Just wanted to make sure. The old plugs don't look that bad...

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Which location did you pull that one from could it be a lower one thats rated for 100k? And it's possible that someone didn't do them until like 35 40k giving you some more time. Its easy and cheep wouldn't fault you for doing them just because. I did mine just because the previous owner was a little laxed on his maintance.

Edit: also thinking about it the dealership may have done a tune up before they put it on there lot and that include plugs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everything was bad when I bought it... It was the top... Haven't touched the bottoms...

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
It's probably worth doing just not to have to worry, I wouldn't touch the bottom ones unless you really want to the 2013 owners manual was upper 30k and lower 100k so personally I wouldn't worry about those just swap the top 8 and call it good.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The rear passenger plug won't break torque... What should I do

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spark plug help!!!

Is it free spinning?

Sent From 1 of Many Samsung Devices

No wouldn't budge, I put my weight behind it and my wrench and extension was starting to bend. My first tug it felt like it rolled off the fitting, and I was oh **** just rounded the spark plug... Reseated the socket and made sure it was snug, nothing... Wouldn't budge, so I ruled rounding it out. If it was I couldn't get and pressure on it with out it slipping and it wasn't doing that...

Last edited:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
No wouldn't budge, I put my weight behind it and my wrench and extension was starting to bend.
Oh - you're trying to pull out? You either have weak tools or its seized in there. If you have a 1/2" breaker bar move up to that (very carefully), my plugs were super sticky, but brought them out slowly to keep heat down.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spark plug help!!!

Oh - you're trying to pull out? You either have weak tools or its seized in there. If you have a 1/2" breaker bar move up to that (very carefully), my plugs were super sticky, but brought them out slowly to keep heat down.

I have weak tools that's a fact... But I got all other 7 out... I called the dealership, saying I was able to get all 7 out, I don't have the extensions and good angel for the plug, and I don't wanna **** it up, so how much is it todo 1 plug. They told me 60$ for the one plug, and I'm like ok, if they break it or pull threads out, on them and they'll replace the head or engine... If I break it, I'm ******...

So I'm playing it off like it's just to hard for me to reach back there... And the fact if I actually broke the plug, the truck would have a misfire in cylinder 8... And I think they are going to wrench in it prior to pulling the plug out, so if I happen to **** up the fitting, I don't think there going to bore a scope it prior to wrenching, they prolly are going to hit it as if it's just the one plug and he's a noob

Last edited:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I have weak tools that's a fact... But I got all other 7 out... I called the dealership, saying I was able to get all 7 out, I don't have the extensions and good angel for the plug, and I don't wanna **** it up, so how much is it todo 1 plug. They told me 60$ for the one plug, and I'm like ok, if they break it or pull threads out, on them and they'll replace the head or engine... If I break it, I'm ******...

So I'm playing it off like it's just to hard for me to reach back there...
You got the other 7 out and the wrench gave up on #8. I agree with taking it to them, better to spend $60 then to do thousands for a head reman or replacement.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You got the other 7 out and the wrench gave up on #8. I agree with taking it to them, better to spend $60 then to do thousands for a head reman or replacement.

Do you think they'll try and say, well you wrenched on it, you must have broke it, were not covering it... If it does break in the head

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Do you think they'll try and say, well you wrenched on it, you must have broke it, were not covering it... If it does break in the head
No, if you take pics of still intact (working order) then they can't say anything. Did you put anti-seize on the new plugs?

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anti sieze and di-electric grease! The only pic I have is the one I posted...

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, if you take pics of still intact (working order) then they can't say anything. Did you put anti-seize on the new plugs?

There not going to say, who ever service this last didn't do it correctly and we don't have to cover it, that's what I'm worried about. Let's say it's cross threaded or something, I bought it like that, so whose on the hook?

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
There not going to say, who ever service this last didn't do it correctly and we don't have to cover it, that's what I'm worried about. Let's say it's cross threaded or something, I bought it like that, so whose on the hook?
Well... let's think positive about this now, being negative won't get us anywhere. How many miles are on the truck? It's likely the original owner never touched the plugs. I'm sure she'll come right out with good tools and you'll be on the road again.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Spark plug help!!!

Well... let's think positive about this now, being negative won't get us anywhere. How many miles are on the truck? It's likely the original owner never touched the plugs. I'm sure she'll come right out with good tools and you'll be on the road again.

58k pretty much, the pics of new and old are in the first image of the post.. They must have been done at 30, or this engine runs über efficient! The two owners prior to me was enterprise car rental, and a woman who supposedly owned it for a few months and then traded it in for a vw! The truck was a certified pre owned but I bought it at a VW dealership. I'm sure it's just siezed in and that's it! I just want to think what my options are. Let's say it's seized and they pull it out and pull the threads out, are they going to put it on me? If they pull it out and for what ever reason the threads are crossed and they were done at 30, are they going to say, sorry we didn't do the last plugs, not our fault, your bill? That's all. Truck is running fine and never has had a miss fire code so I'm going to play the ignorant card, if something happens

All other plugs went in no problem, hand tight then 1/8-1/4 turn with wrench and done

Last edited:

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
58k pretty much, the pics of new and old are in the first image of the post.. They must have been done at 30, or this engine runs über efficient! The two owners prior to me was enterprise car rental, and a woman who supposedly owned it for a few months and then traded it in for a vw! The truck was a certified pre owned but I bought it at a VW dealership. I'm sure it's just siezed in and that's it! I just want to think what my options are. Let's say it's seized and they pull it out and pull the threads out, are they going to put it on me? If they pull it out and for what ever reason the threads are crossed and they were done at 30, are they going to say, sorry we didn't do the last plugs, not our fault, your bill? That's all. Truck is running fine and never has had a miss fire code so I'm going to play the ignorant card, if something happens

All other plugs went in no problem, hand tight then 1/8-1/4 turn with wrench and done

So the pugs have never been changed. Rental companies don't maintain the vehicle's other than wash and vacuum, the woman probably didn't do it either. Your plugs look right for the mileage, I went 156K on my stock plugs and they weren't much worse. Don't worry about it, they'll change it and all will be good.