Spark plug help!!! Plug stuck in Head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah the hemi should run cooper I have seen many post of people having issues after platinums or iridumns from what I hear the coil packs aren't strong enough until the 13 or 14s when they switched to iridumns.

So they can run iridium a now? Bad ass? Maybe should have ran those...

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l

Yeah I'm not sure witch year either 13 or 14 they made the switch to 100k plugs witch is what my 14 gad.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
My modified socket is a rubber boot insert, my normal socket is magnetic...

Yeah mine did too, but the boost kept coming out of the socket and getting stuck on the plug.lol

Mines had a rubber boot inside of it, but I never realised in would need a magnet on a stick to get the socket back out of the hole! Glad I did though made easy work of the ones under the booster

Yeah mine did too, but the boost kept coming out of the socket and getting stuck on the plug.lol

Some people have had issue with the iridium plugs in the older 4th gens. I wanted to try them but not only would it be a expensive risk. It would be a PITA to change plugs twice. lol

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
ok.... so I understand, the switch to iridium ("100k plugs") in my truck are ALL (16) the same?

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
So got it back today, when I picked it up, they said it was siezed in but they were able to get it out, nothing broke. So glad I brought it in.. So on the road and good to go... So far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always use plated thread plugs, and I always put at least a drop of engine oil on the threads before screwing them in. For aluminus heads, I always use a dab of anti-seize.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always use plated thread plugs, and I always put at least a drop of engine oil on the threads before screwing them in. For aluminus heads, I always use a dab of anti-seize.

I did that! =)

Truck runs so much better with the new plugs in