Specific tuner...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking to change tire sizes and possibly do an electric V6 efan on my 2014, but I am not interested in actually tuning the truck. I just want to be able to change the fan settings and tire sizes so my speedo will match. Is there a tuner that I can keep the stock programming but change these settings?

Also on another note, by doing this, will the dealer be suspicious or can they tell if the trucks computer has been flashed in this case?

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Good luck finding a V6 fan that will work on a 2014. I tried a V6 fan and no way I could get it to turn on at all. I'm just putting in a 180 stat and retuning the stock fan to turn on earlier.
If you figure it out post how you did it and hopefully with no wire butchering.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
I know the bully dog allows tire changes, but not sure on the efan. Also, the dealer can tell if you flashed your truck and when. There are pages and pages of opinions on this forum about tuners and dealers, but my experience was all positive. My sales team loved the tune and my shop team worked with me to ensure we never caused each other any headache with it. They also serviced items under my warranty even after I tuned it.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You don't need the e-fan mod if you have a '14. Just remove your clutch fan.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The 2014 fan is slightly larger than previous models, so most guys have been perfectly fine by just removing the clutch fan, and just using your tuner to adjust the stock AC fan settings.

To answer your original question though, you will want a Diablo tuner if you want to adjust both tire size and fan settings. You can make these adjustments on stock tuning, but the dealership would see the same whether you were modifying a stock tune or a custom 93 octane tune...might as well take advantage of the extra power and run a more aggressive tune while you are at it.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 2014 fan is slightly larger than previous models, so most guys have been perfectly fine by just removing the clutch fan, and just using your tuner to adjust the stock AC fan settings.

To answer your original question though, you will want a Diablo tuner if you want to adjust both tire size and fan settings. You can make these adjustments on stock tuning, but the dealership would see the same whether you were modifying a stock tune or a custom 93 octane tune...might as well take advantage of the extra power and run a more aggressive tune while you are at it.

That's what I was afraid of... I have a buddy who works at the Dodge dealership. He might be able to work out a deal.

3 questions though?

1. Which Diablo tuner specifically should I run?
2. What is the stock Efan settings set to?
3. What is the stock thermostat temp?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That's what I was afraid of... I have a buddy who works at the Dodge dealership. He might be able to work out a deal.

3 questions though?

1. Which Diablo tuner specifically should I run?
2. What is the stock Efan settings set to?
3. What is the stock thermostat temp?

1. Diablo InTune DCX
2. Turns on at about 200*
3. 203*

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I could of swore I read somewhere that the stock Efan turns on at 225? Does the 2014 models really turn on at 200*?

If that's the case I won't need to worry about having a tuner for the Efan especially since it turns on before the thermostats fully opens at 203*.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone else confirm that the 2014 Efan comes on at 200*?

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Just drop a Jet 180 degrees thermostat in it and you won't need to worry about your fan settings. Engine will run cooler and everything under the hood will thank you. My truck runs 186 degrees even in this Georgia heat.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well that's fine and dandy except I need to know exactly when closed loop on these trucks occur at what temperature. It may run cooler but I do a LOT of highway driving and I don't need to sacrifice fuel mileage at the gain of a few hp. I would be more inclined to say that it's closer to 185* like the older trucks, I could be wrong but just need to make sure. It gets pretty toasty in Texas.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
Did you try the tyco fan? It plugged right in where the AC fan did. I installed it last week
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054RMKZC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'd like to see some photo's if possible. Did your 2014 have just a 2wire harness running the E-Fan and is that fan a 2wire plug?
If possible please show the fan installed and the plug installed.
On a side note have you noticed any vibration, some people have complained about vibration when that fan is running?
I'd still like to replace everything with an electric fan, I hate the look of a half taken apart truck, (remove the stock crank driven fan and using only the factory E-Fan in the stock shroud}.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
yes both 2 wire. no vibration yet. the stock shroud wont fit over the efan i tried

NUrq6bR.jpg
mzXE6IV.jpg
U]]