Sport hood functional

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bran101010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 R/T
I used a cheap dremel from harbor freight, and made my vents functional. Took forever, but as far as I can tell they are just an cosmetic improvement that might let some heat out and some dust in. I have checked multiple times in the rain, and barely any water actually gets through to the inside of the engine bay.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have made my hood vents on my ram sport active on both sides. Does anyone know if there is some kind of attachment that goes from the driver side vent over to the passenger side vent, so some kind of ducting to connect the two and drive more air int the cold air intake?? I have searched everywhere online and have come up with nothing. Is this going to be a DIY project.? Please help! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I seen a truck at a carshow a few years ago,that had both scoops functional.The guy used a sheet of stainless to make a home made duct set-up that fed over to his airbox,and then polished it.It looked good,but I never did find the owner to ask him what kind of job it was to build though.

Mikey74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To Wild One. Hey much appreciated for your time. I think this is gonna be a “DIY” project for me. I came across a site that sold hood vents but can’t seem to find it again. I have to keep looking. Basically take the vents that would on the outside and mount them on the inside and install soft tubing that connects both vents and goes over to the passenger side vent and then down to the cold air intake