SRT8 Jeep GC exhaust manifolds on 5.7 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobbyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've tired to do some research on this site and google, so please don't flame me to bad!

Are the SRT8 6.1 Jeep Grand Cherokee exhaust manifold a "bolt on" deal for the 5.7 Ram's like they are for the LX's? I know the Jeep manifolds are a little bit different compared to the cars in the way the collectors are routed. Will they bolt right up to the cats on the truck?

I have 6.1 manifolds on my 5.7 Challenger and really like the way the preform and they are expensive to come by.

I have a '12 Ram R/T FWIW.

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
curious as to why you want to stick to the Mopar units.
I have the JBA shorty headers and they are a direct replacement- bolt right in and aren't that bad price-wise.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
LT's and a tune or go home! Best bang for the buck IMO.

OP
OP
R

RobbyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I haven't dedeiced if i wanna go with LT's or shorty's. $650 for bolt in shorty's isn't to bad of a deal! Now I just need to find a 87mm TB and get another Trinity.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I think fasthemiram12 put some and they fit with slight modification

HOTRODHARLEY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I haven't dedeiced if i wanna go with LT's or shorty's. $650 for bolt in shorty's isn't to bad of a deal! Now I just need to find a 87mm TB and get another Trinity.

Screw the TB. Use that money towards LT headers and a Trinity and a custom tune. Take care of one stage at a time properly. Don't half ass it with shorties.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Robby, one of our members here, UNBROKEN, gained 66hp and over 70tq just by switching from JBA shorties to the ARH longtubes and adding a Hemifever tune. There are no other 2 mods, short of forced induction, that are going to show those kinds of results. Even if it means saving up longer, I would also try to focus on going with longtubes. They are twice the price, but they also give twice the gains. We have quite a few customers that go from shorties to longtubes, but I have yet to have a customer go from longtubes down to shorties.

The SRT Jeep manifolds could be a cheap bandaid for you though while you save for the longtubes...assuming you find a good deal on the stock manifolds and can do the labor yourself.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
I will be selling mine soon when I do my build..
However they are a great mod if you Are looking for a cheap alternative to longtubes.

OP
OP
R

RobbyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I will be selling mine soon when I do my build..
However they are a great mod if you Are looking for a cheap alternative to longtubes.

Are they a bolt on or is there modifications needed to the stock cats?

Ram7081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sorry to awaken this thread but I found this over at one of the sponsor sites. I agree that longitudes are the way to go but the price of these in the meantime I think may be worth it. I didn't see this posted elsewhere but if it is sorry I missed it. Anyway Mopar Performance Jeep SRT Exhaust Manifolds (Part No: 77072462)

I will awaken it once again =) These will fit 4th gen Ram 5.7? What modifications are needed? Direct bolt on?
Thanks guys!