Stainless Works Exhaust system here ( almost)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
OK, So Andy form GotExhaust.com calls me yesterday and tells me that the system is on it's way.
Except the guys at Stainless Works forgot to send my headers to get the temp coating. No big deal, I am in no hurry.
So today the FedEx truck shows up and I take off 2 of the 3 boxes with my name on them.
The box containing the headers got a new label to continue on to NC to get the temp coating.
so- here's what I have so far:
picture.php

Nice big tailpipes

and:
picture.php

this box-o-goodies.
Mufflers, tips, clamps, massive X pipe, and instructions.

Now to wait until the Headers get the Now Available: Black Out Thermal Coating

and then it's off the install it!
I will post that up too.

Sybil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes, please take step by step detailed pics for us!

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Is that the "S-Type" or "Turbo's"?

I've been debating the headers, but not sure how they'll sound with the "S" mufflers?

The turbos in the video are pretty manly looking at the db ratings and the "S" are suppose to be louder against each other without headers.

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
Congrats!! I have been waiting to hear a review on the full SW system.

Keep the group updated please.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Heywood- they are the turbo chambered ones.
Will do on the updates.

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
nice , looking at the headers since its cheaper then ARH , will you do dyno runs?

OP
OP
R

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ok, after 2 months of waiting- the headers came back from the coaters when I was out of town- go figure.
Here's what I have now:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OP
OP
R

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Since I need a lift or nice weather, this may take a few more weeks. no prob, It's been this long so what's a little more time.

the headers look awesome BTW, the coating goes all the way inside and out. very nice job, IMHO

moparbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
I guess that is what mine will look like when i get back to the states. please post pics of the install and any words of wisedom. I got the non-chambered mufflers. Looks like fun.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I was considering getting a set of these because they were cheaper than the ARH ones. BUT......two months waiting time? That is crazy! I will spend a couple/few hundred more and get ARHs in a few days at most from Moe's. Sorry, but who wants to wait that long for any part that isn't custom? I'm not trying to be negative, but just don't want to wait that long. JMO. They really do look like a really nice set of headers and their exhaust is awesome, too. If I were doing a "build" where it wasn't a DD then I could wait. I do have a question, though. If the headers are stainless, then why did they need a coating? Is it just a ceramic coating for heat? Or something else just for a black color for your preference?

OP
OP
R

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
moparbay- I def. plan to take a lot of pics, and be specific as possible.

HLRam- We all get our opinion, that's what the forum is for;
I am just not in a hurry and this was a deal not to pass up,
two months is a bit long, but you have to take into consideration, that's two months from taking part in the group buy on a product that didn't previously exist. I got them one month after the initial order, when they finally had the numbers to do a production run.
Then it was off to the coating company to get them ceramic temp coated. Check the Stainless Works website on that:Now Available: Black Out Thermal Coating

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was considering getting a set of these because they were cheaper than the ARH ones. BUT......two months waiting time? That is crazy! I will spend a couple/few hundred more and get ARHs in a few days at most from Moe's. Sorry, but who wants to wait that long for any part that isn't custom? I'm not trying to be negative, but just don't want to wait that long. JMO. They really do look like a really nice set of headers and their exhaust is awesome, too. If I were doing a "build" where it wasn't a DD then I could wait. I do have a question, though. If the headers are stainless, then why did they need a coating? Is it just a ceramic coating for heat? Or something else just for a black color for your preference?
The other option is to get them powder coated yourself.
I did it locally, took less then a week and I paid half of what Stainless Works charges

USNVet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the 1 7/8" LT headers and complete system in about a week or so...they were already in production, I was just waiting on the mufflers to be produced because there was a high demand for them.

I didn't mind because as Talon did, I dropped the headers off at a local shop to have them ceramic coated while I was waiting for the mufflers to be shipped. Retiredfireman pretty much summed up the situation...product didn't exist, goes into production, is sent out for coating, then shipped to the customer.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have a question, though. If the headers are stainless, then why did they need a coating? Is it just a ceramic coating for heat? Or something else just for a black color for your preference?

Yes, the ceramic coating helps with heat issues.