Stainless Works Headers/Dual exhaust installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wanted to report how the install went. They are the SW 1 3/4 primaries, high flow cats, and true dual system with X pipe. Used the factory gasket and the bolts that SW supplied.

The whole system fit the 8 speed beautifully. Had a bit of trouble with the dipstick tube. Used some channel locks to bend it, which caused a small kink in the tube. The dipstick didn't want to pass the kink until we put a little bend in it. One of the exhaust hangers toward the back was throwing me off for a few minutes, but got that figured out.

There is decent amount of room between the transmission pan, but I plan to wrap that section with titanium header wrap. Just want to keep the heat from the CAT off of it.
One of the pipes almost hits the bracket for my airbags in the rear but we got it to clear.

Couldn't get the downstream O2 sensors to reach with the supplied extensions. Emailed SW this morning. They emailed me back within a few minutes saying I got 2 of the wrong lengths. They are shipping me the correct one for free, and said the would ship today. So thanks for the awesome customer service SW.

Overall it seems a little quieter than the Carven progressive muffler. Has a very aggressive tone to it though.

Overall I'm very impressed with the quality, fitment, and customer service and would definitely recommend people consider it if they are looking for long tubes.

Now for pictures and sound clip.

9ff47b62b507116e27b772284c162361.jpg
843510fca72b3ca9ce9e33a7a66a0e22.jpg
37faf267dcf5641ad077e90c1a0641be.jpg
4e9d1ce4520182c8b16fa917e503990d.jpg

https://youtu.be/U85pawgjBSc

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Absolutely gorgeous chief. Well done.

LIT3MUP!!!

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
sounds great!

exactly what I want!

How much?

OP
OP
Bobbo

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sounds great!

exactly what I want!

How much?
The headers and Y pipe are 1400 with out CATs, 1600 with CATs.
The back half is 1100.

It looks like they have two different muffler options on the site. I'm not sure which one I have as I bought it from another member here.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great! Which tips are those???

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you have a tuner as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I wonder how much HP is gained by doing this same setup. I would venture to say at least 30hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need videos of it throwing revs :)

I'm going JBA 1-3/4 with high flow cats and custom y-pipe to a muffler(undecided) with dump or exit right before rear tire.

Should sound amazing :)

Great work on this one!!

OP
OP
Bobbo

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Should be a decent amount of extra power. Unfortunately I don't have any hard numbers, like timeslips, to compare to. Should be similar gains to what people are getting with other long tube headers though.

Need videos of it throwing revs :)

I'm going JBA 1-3/4 with high flow cats and custom y-pipe to a muffler(undecided) with dump or exit right before rear tire.

Should sound amazing :)

Great work on this one!!

Haha, I'll see about getting a video. I try not to bug the neighbors too much.
That should sound mean! Let us know how it turns out.

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Should be a decent amount of extra power. Unfortunately I don't have any hard numbers, like timeslips, to compare to. Should be similar gains to what people are getting with other long tube headers though.

Haha, I'll see about getting a video. I try not to bug the neighbors too much.
That should sound mean! Let us know how it turns out.

Yeah, it's hard to nail down a reasonable number though. Buddy of mine gained 50rwhp by putting headers on his 2015 Z28. But a 5.7 hemi isn't exactly the same as an LS7.
This was with stock exhaust, only change was the headers.

IDK, I'm guessing your setup going to be at least 35-40hp gain especially if tuned.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Just wanted to report how the install went. They are the SW 1 3/4 primaries, high flow cats, and true dual system with X pipe. Used the factory gasket and the bolts that SW supplied.

The whole system fit the 8 speed beautifully. Had a bit of trouble with the dipstick tube. Used some channel locks to bend it, which caused a small kink in the tube. The dipstick didn't want to pass the kink until we put a little bend in it. One of the exhaust hangers toward the back was throwing me off for a few minutes, but got that figured out.

There is decent amount of room between the transmission pan, but I plan to wrap that section with titanium header wrap. Just want to keep the heat from the CAT off of it.
One of the pipes almost hits the bracket for my airbags in the rear but we got it to clear.

Couldn't get the downstream O2 sensors to reach with the supplied extensions. Emailed SW this morning. They emailed me back within a few minutes saying I got 2 of the wrong lengths. They are shipping me the correct one for free, and said the would ship today. So thanks for the awesome customer service SW.

Overall it seems a little quieter than the Carven progressive muffler. Has a very aggressive tone to it though.

Overall I'm very impressed with the quality, fitment, and customer service and would definitely recommend people consider it if they are looking for long tubes.

Now for pictures and sound clip.

9ff47b62b507116e27b772284c162361.jpg
843510fca72b3ca9ce9e33a7a66a0e22.jpg
37faf267dcf5641ad077e90c1a0641be.jpg
4e9d1ce4520182c8b16fa917e503990d.jpg

https://youtu.be/U85pawgjBSc

Wow those are beautiful.... How was the install? Any clearance issues with steering shaft, dip stick tube, transmission cable, wiring ect?

OP
OP
Bobbo

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow those are beautiful.... How was the install? Any clearance issues with steering shaft, dip stick tube, transmission cable, wiring ect?
Install was pretty straight forward. Took our time and having a lift makes everything easier. Steering shaft clears fine. Dipstick tube needed to be bent to fit around the headers. Transmission cable was touching a bit, but was able to make it clear. All the wiring cleared, but had a cooling line that had to be bent a little bit.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What are you planning on doing when it comes time to smog it? That exhaust is not legal in Ca. That's my dilemma and the reason why I'm still without headers.

OP
OP
Bobbo

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What are you planning on doing when it comes time to smog it? That exhaust is not legal in Ca. That's my dilemma and the reason why I'm still without headers.
Ideally, I won't be in California in 5 years, when it comes time to smog it. If I am, I will either be paying a visit to a friend of a friend or convert it back to stock. I'm going to hold on to my stock cats/y pipe just in case. If you're on the fence and don't know a smog guy, I would Just get the JBA shorties and not have to worry about it.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Just as an FYI Stainless Works headers do not fit RCSB. I noticed their site said for crew/quad cab trucks so i called to confirm, and they said it would not fit without modification.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ideally, I won't be in California in 5 years, when it comes time to smog it. If I am, I will either be paying a visit to a friend of a friend or convert it back to stock. I'm going to hold on to my stock cats/y pipe just in case. If you're on the fence and don't know a smog guy, I would Just get the JBA shorties and not have to worry about it.

I have JBA shorties right now. Debating on going LT and modify to keep cats. I like the low end torque gain with the shorties though since I'm on a 6" lift with 35's. 4.56 gears and LT are my next big mods I think. :)

OP
OP
Bobbo

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have JBA shorties right now. Debating on going LT and modify to keep cats. I like the low end torque gain with the shorties though since I'm on a 6" lift with 35's. 4.56 gears and LT are my next big mods I think. :)

Just an FYI, in CA you can't even move the position of the factory cats. If the smog guy notices is a different story, but could still potentially fail a visual.