start up noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram9282

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys, new to the forum and a new 2013 Ram 2500 owner. I bought the truck about two months ago with 17,000 miles on it and now I have 20K. Over the last month on start up I started to get a pretty loud knocking or ticking for about 10-30 seconds then goes away. I have read and watched a lot of videos but I don't think that my issue is the hemi tick or broken exhaust bolts, I think its something else, just wanted others input before I take it in,to my favorite place the dealership!

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Last edited:

ktweite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well finally brought mine in for this and I feel my dealership is pretty good and I got a call back saying tech heard it and the problem was a loose rocker arm bolt...I'm guessing it was just slightly out of spec, as once warmed up, things tightened up and the sound went away... Their keeping again tonight to make it problems fixed but I'm just so glad they heard it and know it's wrong unlike some of the horror stories I read on here

Update-sound was gone when retesting this morning!

This is fairly common tech said and there's a bulletin out on it, I can get the number if anyone wants it