Starter mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xjlenzenx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to the ram world and am curious on good starting mods for my 14 ram 1500 5.7. I'm coming out of the diesel world so Idk any brands that work best with gas vehicles especially the hemi I'm sure there are other threads on here just trying to get it all in one any advice is greatly appreciated.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What are you looking for. Performance, lift, or lowering. That will depend a lot on what type on help you will get.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
If you want performance advice moesperformance.Com is a vendor here and has everything you need and have the best customer service.

For intakes most around here recommend a vararam or s&b intakes

Most run diablo tuners with either a custom hemifever or Jay Greene tune

Headers you have arh,kooks,obx,jba. Get whatever muffler you like the tone of

Moe's has a ported throttle body

Last edited:
OP
OP
X

Xjlenzenx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks

Sorry should've clarified but yeah mild performance is what I'm looking for so intake exhaust tuner maybe procharge it further down the road. I appreciate the help just didn't know what websites were good to start at.

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Yea check out Moe's then. Matt from Moe's is on here quite a bit. They use all their own parts at the drag strip and DD and have a cam package now. I wanna say he just set a record for the fastest NA ram

OP
OP
X

Xjlenzenx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just on there their site is awesome I'm like a kid in a candy store ha I'm wondering if I did the mufflex muffler delete and kept the factory CC and resonators if I would have any issues or if I should just get the spintech muffler decisions decisions

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I've read on here people that went with the delete say they have lost low end power

OP
OP
X

Xjlenzenx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's kinda what I figured spintech it is

OP
OP
X

Xjlenzenx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Catch can worth it ? And hard to install?

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Easy to install and it's good preventative maintenance. Stops oil being blown back through to the top of your manifold. The is are quite a few threads about that topic here on the forum

OP
OP
X

Xjlenzenx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man on my diesel I just ran emission hose with I breather filter under the pickup catch can seems a bit more professional I guess

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
No problem. Their is alot of good people and info here. Use the search button up top and your question has probably been asked a hundred times. Good luck once you start mod ding it gets expensive and never seems to stop