Stock fuel injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the flow rate on stock injectors? What would the benefit be of upgrading the injectors, rails, plugs and coils?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read plugs and coils OEM are good up to like 650hp or something big. I imagine same for injectors but this is only a guess.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't bother with plugs or coil. I think the injectors are about maxed out but not quite with a heads/cam and full bolt on combo.

TheHack could put more insight to this.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want to KNOW if you need "bigger" injectors , You can use the dataloggin feature of Diablo products to do so. Run a log at WOT, under the most demanding conditions that you drive. select the IPW pid( Injector Pulse Width) and RPMs at a given point in the log( while playing back the log, just pause it and use the slide bar to get the numbers.
Plug those numbers into this site
Stealth 316 - Injector Duty Cycle Calculation
and you'll get the IDC, ( Injector Duty Cycle)...If it comes out to close to 100% you may need Bigger injectors, if your over 100% you definatly need them

I created an xcel doc with the math in it so I could plug a bunch of numbers in it. If anyone is intersetd PM me.

I know ths doesnt answer your question completely, but I thought you might find this useful....and if your building over time you can better figure out when you will need bigger injecotors, as from a budetary point there is also the fact that the tune has to be scaled.
Hope this helps

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The stock injectors will easily handle anything the stock pump can produce. For example, the stock injectors with stock pump will handle a 175 nitrous shot or a 370cuin stroker engine. If you run a 392 stroker or forced induction at 6psi then stock injectors will work with a pump upgrade but you need to log the injector duty cycle to ensure you're not over 90%.

Anything over these requires an injector upgrade and for most everything that you will bolt onto these engines the SRT4 stage 1 injectors are a factory injector that will do what you need; I was running them on a 12psi D1SC blower build with a single walbro 400 pump so the injectors will flow more than enough to keep the engine happy.

Swapping coils is a waste of money unless you want to have a set of red coils just for looks.

Fuel rails only need to be swapped if you want to run a better crossover to prevent that last injectors in the system from possibly running lean if you have a high flow demand.

Plugs are dependent if you need to run colder plugs for things like nitrous or forced induction.

Last edited:

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I ran 11.99 N/A with stock plugs, stock coils, stock fuel injectors, and stock rails. Truck has every bolt on you can buy along with ported heads and a bigger cam. Slapped a 100 shot of nitrous on it, and still did not run out of fuel. You do not need to replace any of these items.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the original question was flow rate. What are the stock injector sizes for the 5.7 2009-2012 and 2013 on? 25# 34# etc.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the original question was flow rate. What are the stock injector sizes for the 5.7 2009-2012 and 2013 on? 25# 34# etc.

As I am reading and researching to design all that will need to be done to my motor I ran across this thread, there isnt much talk about injectors on the Rams as it seems the OEM are pretty good for most of what options we have to increase power do not really exceed the limits of the stock injectors...

but to answer your question, from what I have been reading stock is 26# and the SRT-4 units Char mentioned are 30#.

As I am doing more and more reading it seems that the only thing that really needs attention it maybe a fuel rail just for even fuel delivery to the injectors if you have a high flow need...