Strange noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerigorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If this is the wrong location I apologize. So lately in my 09 1500 I've been feeling strange vibrations and sounds while driving. It significantly intensifies at 30-35. Just feels like the front suspension is shaking which I can feel through the steering wheel and gas pedal (espically in the pedal on acceleration) In that 5 mph range my dash vibrates, an audible buzz I'd you will, but disappears after 35 mph - mostly when crusing from 35-30. Highway I feel my steering wheel ever so slighty rock left and right, but the truck stays true. Now I was getting a lot of noise when turning left, epically on exit ramps. But a tire rod end swap on the passenger side fixed that. Still, turning left creates a little more vibration that right. I've driven newer rams that glide down the road. Mine just seems to feel like overall ****, and it's getting rougher over time. I've had bilsteins 5100s for a couple years and have 2 alignments done over a year ago and I'm at 103k. I suspect it could be a number of things (u-joint, wheel bearing, etc) but what is the best place to start? Ive only replaced the shocks and that tire rod end. Sorry for the long post, but wanted to include as much info as possible.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you checked the ball joints or you might even check your front tires to see if there is anything wrong with them. Like a separated belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk