Stroker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just ordered my stroker kit from Campbell Ind. I cannot find a local shop with late model hemi experience. I am only having the block cleaned and bore 0.02 over. Has anyone installed a kit? Are there any clearance issues? Any other info I may need before adding heads and cam would be greatly appreciated.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
If you're installing yourself you will want to get a factory service manual and a dial gauge indicator so you can do all the measurements required. If this is your first time assembling an engine then you may want to have someone else assemble it. It also depends on what stroker kit you bought if you just bought the rotating assembly separately. There can be clearance issues on kits larger than 392 on the bottom of the cylinder bore.

Did you order the proper piston diameter for the .020" over bore? Find out if the block is being bored/honed with a torque plate or not, the cyclinders can be out of round when torqued otherwise.

OP
OP
gonzo1968

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're installing yourself you will want to get a factory service manual and a dial gauge indicator so you can do all the measurements required. If this is your first time assembling an engine then you may want to have someone else assemble it. It also depends on what stroker kit you bought if you just bought the rotating assembly separately. There can be clearance issues on kits larger than 392 on the bottom of the cylinder bore.

Did you order the proper piston diameter for the .020" over bore? Find out if the block is being bored/honed with a torque plate or not, the cyclinders can be out of round when torqued otherwise.

The kit is for an increase to 392. It is my first stroker and I am worried about rod bolt clearances, etc. So a torque plate is required?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The kit is for an increase to 392. It is my first stroker and I am worried about rod bolt clearances, etc. So a torque plate is required?

A torque plate is the best way to ensure everything is properly aligned while its being machined. If it's just a 392 there shouldn't be any clearance issues as long as it's a complete kit and you're not just piecing together parts on your own.

OP
OP
gonzo1968

gonzo1968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A torque plate is the best way to ensure everything is properly aligned while its being machined. If it's just a 392 there shouldn't be any clearance issues as long as it's a complete kit and you're not just piecing together parts on your own.

It's a complete from Campbell Industries. Marshall took care of me. Molnar crank/rods, CP Bullet pistons, reluctor gear, bearings, crank spacer(to eliminate VVT). I am not sure if I need the spacer. What do you think?

Campbell Enterprises | High Performance & Racing Parts

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Clearance on the block?
If so you can machine the block slightly.
A torque plate is used so that the block is under the same stress as when its fully assembled and check or hone due to improper bores.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I reckon the kit is made for a 5.7 to 6.4 conversion.
I knew a guy that stroked his to 6.4. Ran great. Dunno the kit used though.

Ridding the MDS I presume?

One way to check clearances is to build it! You gotta rotate it on a stand anyways