which supercharger or turbocharger for 13 ram1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
which supercharger or turbocharger would be the best fit for my truck stock internal and stock trans 2013 single cab 1500

what do you guys recommend?

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
all up to you kind of. There isnt really a turbo kit for our trucks, so that would have to be custom. A procharger setup will be less stressful on your trans. But there is also roots type chargers such as edelbrock or magnacharger

Ill be going with an edelbrock eventually. Supposedly makes more power than the magna and I can mate it to the stock intake box with my Aev snorkel ill be getting. The procharger has a different intake position

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Procharger is probably your best bet IMO

Going full custom with a supercharger or turbo will be more expensive unless you have friends that do this kind of stuff.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The procharger kit has put down more power than the edelbrock or magma kits and are more easily upgraded if you want to make more power in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlafollette07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like how clean the Edelbrock system looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
is it me or the gain are not that impressive since they used a smaller pulley?

That's why you run a 6% OD pulley on the crank and need to upgrade the tensioner, there's too much belt slip with the factory 6-rib crank pulley.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
the TVS will be the only upgrade to the motor for me personally, other than exhaust and the tuner that goes with the TVS. Lower suspension in the next few weeks and **** I am done.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's why you run a 6% OD pulley on the crank and need to upgrade the tensioner, there's too much belt slip with the factory 6-rib crank pulley.

yeah just looked at the graph and looks like it start slipping just under 5k

Is the bottom end power that much better with the supercharger compare to the procharger? if it's the case I guess the procharger will put a little bit less stress on the engine and will be able to put out safely more top end on stock internals.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
yeah just looked at the graph and looks like it start slipping just under 5k

Is the bottom end power that much better with the supercharger compare to the procharger? if it's the case I guess the procharger will put a little bit less stress on the engine and will be able to put out safely more top end on stock internals.

It does come on sooner with a PD blower because it has a lot less distance to travel and a lot less volume that needs to be pressurized. I'm interested to seeing how different it will be with the cog drive with the centrifugal blower but I don't expect any major difference. The centri blowers put less stress on the trans, not the engine, and only because at WOT the trans has to spin up the pump to build up line pressure and it's at max pressure by the time the blower is making boost compared to the PD blowers which are almost instant and that's why they were blowing through the 5/6 speeds.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
the TVS will be the only upgrade to the motor for me personally, other than exhaust and the tuner that goes with the TVS. Lower suspension in the next few weeks and **** I am done.

I have my D1SC kit minus the intercooler and piping that I'll be selling in the next month or so ... you know you want to, lol.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have my D1SC kit minus the intercooler and piping that I'll be selling in the next month or so ... you know you want to, lol.

hmmm how much? and how much do you think all the extras would be? i might just switch over the plans and fab something up in the snorkel/airbox area if its worth it.

thebeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've had 3 centrifugal blowers (procharger) and one positive displacement (kenne Bell). I love procharger.A lot of room to grow with the procharger. Get the d1sc not the p1sc.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd love to find a place that makes a good turbo system, but I simply haven't found any yet. Same for a good roots or twin screw system, but they all have high IATs.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a TVS1900 on my Sierra, and i would be hard pressed to look elsewhere. The driveability, and power under the curve is massive. Peak HP and TQ numbers are not so relivent when you daily drive a vehicle, or street drive it. Its all in where it makes its power. Mine makes 10psi at 2250rpm....makes for great powerband.

Instructions are bright, bold, and perfect. IVe installed 2 to date

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I dont think there smog legal in california

If you get their complete package there's an EO number so it's smog legal in Cali.

I have a TVS1900 on my Sierra, and i would be hard pressed to look elsewhere. The driveability, and power under the curve is massive. Peak HP and TQ numbers are not so relivent when you daily drive a vehicle, or street drive it. Its all in where it makes its power. Mine makes 10psi at 2250rpm....makes for great powerband.

Instructions are bright, bold, and perfect. IVe installed 2 to date

Good luck getting a hemi to make 10psi at 2250 with a TVS 1320. We're limited to 7psi, and if there's a 5/6 speed involved it's still a write off for the stock trans. A PD blower is better for daily driving but if the truck's laid up every few months because of a blown trans it's not exactly a DD anymore, the 8 speeds are different and will handle the low rpm torque but the blowers are still only advertised a 421/441 with the TVS. I'd rather have 500rwhp and start making power at 3000rpm with a pulley swap on a centri blower, something you can't do with the TVS, there's no room for upgrading on the hemi trucks which is a real shame.

hemidup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 6.4 Hemi
If you get their complete package there's an EO number so it's smog legal in Cali.

Good luck getting a hemi to make 10psi at 2250 with a TVS 1320. We're limited to 7psi, and if there's a 5/6 speed involved it's still a write off for the stock trans. A PD blower is better for daily driving but if the truck's laid up every few months because of a blown trans it's not exactly a DD anymore, the 8 speeds are different and will handle the low rpm torque but the blowers are still only advertised a 421/441 with the TVS. I'd rather have 500rwhp and start making power at 3000rpm with a pulley swap on a centri blower, something you can't do with the TVS, there's no room for upgrading on the hemi trucks which is a real shame.

The 8 speed transmissions ain't the ticket either. One of my customers with a SRT8 Jeep has broken 2 and I repeat 2 transmission cases. Besides the 392 being fully forged his only other mod is a 200 shot of n2o.

bgray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I never said the hemi would make 10psi at 2250. Simply stated how well My sierra works at that level. My sierra also has a fully built FLT level 7 4l65e. Even at Stock 6psi it was far more usable power then any of my turbo builds or my buddies with Centrifugal blowers. The Stock 5/6 speeds are barely adequate in a stock enviroment, anyone looking to make boost should already have a new one in the shopping cart.

If my trucks makes 500rwhp at the top of the RPM range, I dont see the point. Unless you are doing alot of racing, the Power provided from a Roots blower is much more useable. Daily driving and towing is great improved

Last edited: